NC Get-together 5/1

Thanks!

Thanks to all whom showd up.. Considering the weather, it was a great turnout.. A Typhoon, 92 Z, Impala SS, from GMMOC and SYty.org was there.. Yes it did rain and some of us got wet but good turnout just the same!

Thanks to all who came and much thanks to those contributing to the cause.

PIX are in the link below under GN Meets.

Had a good time in spite of the weather, enjoyed getting to meet everybody, and extra thanks for not laughing at the rust-bucket. Adam you are a most gracious host and I love what you did with thecar.:D

We all had a good time in spite of the rain. Thanks for hosting! Good pics, lol, my truck looks clean thanks to the dark skies.
We should TRY to get at least a quarterly gathering going. Vista's a good place, never much crowd, even in summer. Maybe Greg can make it out next time

TR car show

thanks for the meet and greet get together today. i was very surprised at the amount of car that turned out despite of ythe weather that we had today.

Again thanks for the food and drinks everybody let me know if you guys are going to the GM DAY AT FARMINGTON DRAGWAY ON JUNE 26.

www.spaze5@asheboro.com

Sam what gives man 8 flat in the 1/8 @ 25 lbs of boost

TA -49

gotta love my precision housing 8lbs more boost for only .3 in the 1/8th, leaves like a pig.

Can't wait to see you and the Raleigh crew at Farmington on the 26 of June. Maybe with my stock garret housing I can go 7.80"s on about 22 lbs.

If you've read How Car Engines Work, you know that almost all cars use four-stroke gasoline engines. One of the strokes is the compression stroke, where the engine compresses a cylinder-full of air and gas into a much smaller volume before igniting it with a spark plug. The amount of compression is called the compression ratio of the engine. A typical engine might have a compression ratio of 8-to-1. (See How Car Engines Work for details.)

The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. When gas ignites by compression rather than because of the spark from the spark plug, it causes knocking in the engine. Knocking can damage an engine, so it is not something you want to have happening. Lower-octane gas (like "regular" 87-octane gasoline) can handle the least amount of compression before igniting.

The compression ratio of your engine determines the octane rating of the gas you must use in the car. One way to increase the horsepower of an engine of a given displacement is to increase its compression ratio. So a "high-performance engine" has a higher compression ratio and requires higher-octane fuel. The advantage of a high compression ratio is that it gives your engine a higher horsepower rating for a given engine weight -- that is what makes the engine "high performance." The disadvantage is that the gasoline for your engine costs more.

www.howstuffworks.com

MAN THATS A COOL SITE IF YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW THINGS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good turn out guys it was good to meet all of you and thanks to adam for the food and drinks hope to see some more of you guys around mabey another meet with out the rain thanks rick

What "how stuff works" doesn't talk about is that with a turbo charged engine, the "static" compression ratio may be low 8.0:1 (I think 8.5:1 in the 231) but with boost, the comparable compression ratio comes out to 13:1 - but then again, that depends on how much boost you run also.

Hey, that looks like a different picnic shelter than before! I guess if I didn't have to work, I would have been able to see it for myself! Sorry I missed you guys this time.

-Greg