NC Get-together 5/1

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Well I am going to try this for the first time.

I am putting on a get together of the TR and GM Communities around the triangle and beyond.

The tentative day is May 1st From 11am - Whatever.
Tentative location - Jordan Lake Off US 64 Between Pittsboro and Apex...@ Vista Point ----I need to make reservations. (fyi)

Lunch will be served (hot dogs/hamburgers etc)

Would like to get a head count and any volunteers to contribute to the cause by bringing chips/soda/ or whatever.

If you are intrested please reply to this post and give me a heads up on a tentative amount of folks coming.. So I can plan according ly. I will update this thread with directions, and more details as they arise. In the interim please feel free to contact me @ perrego@nc.rr.com.

Thanks and I am looking forward to meeting everyone and putting faces/cars with the names! I am also going to post this on the GMMOC website and invite them as we are all gm's.

Thanks! Adam

Not tooo difficult.. I will post directions in the very near future coming from all directions.. I think you will take some backroads form Greensboro to catch US 64

Directions

Ha! I copied and pasted from the last time we cooked out at Vista Point!:D

For mapquest, click:
http://www.mapquest.com/

when the window pops up, enter "seaforth" for the city & "NC" for the state, and that will give you a map of the jordan lake area.

Basically, If you are coming from Apex/Cary traveling west on Hwy64, you will pass the lake and continue on as if headed for Pittsboro. The first traffic light you should hit (Griffin's Crossroads) will be at N. Pea Ridge Rd. The Citgo gas station will be on your right. Turn left at this traffic light and follow N. Pea Ridge Rd all the way to Vista Point park entrance. (If you turn right, you would be on Mt. Gilead Church Rd) If you miss the turn & find yourself crossing the Haw river, you went too far.

Vista Point is "off the beaten path" so it's nice, quiet & generally uncrowded, but then it's a little bit trickier to find...

Look forward to seeing y'all then!

Becky & I will be there.
We will bring 5 -2 liters jugs of soda(regular, diet &sprite) and cups.

Gary

oops...

I should have edited out the "Look forward to seeing y'all then!" when I posted the directions b/c I won't know for sure if I'll be free that day probably up until the night before (unless I get some kind of assignment ahead of time during the week). If i'm free, I'll be there.

As far as I know, we'll be there (self, Ahmed and Korey) I'll bring a pack of burger, bag of charcoal, gallon of tea, buns, and some chopped onions and slaw, and basically whatever else I round up from around the house. If you've never been out to Vista Point, it's a nice place and a great backdrop at the point for pictures

I think I am going to get a cooker out there.. so dont worry about the charcoal..

Will post some mo updates shortly... Thanks for all the feedback so far and NCTyphoon.. Invite some of your sy/ty folks.. I did post on that board but not much response.

Update...

Just an FYI Folks.. There is a $5.00 entry that the park charges :mad: so I hope it is not a turnoff.. I will be sending in the application tomorrow with the reservation for #10 @ Vista Point..

I'll try to make that! Are you still planning on a cruise around anywhere? I'll hopefully have the old ghost ready to play by then.
Also how much room is at this area? I'll more than likely trailer the TR down as I don't really like the idea of running 110 octane an hour down the highway.....

Clint, if I go down you're welcome to catch a ride if you want...might see if Ban Ban and the little mexican can go too, and we can caravan.......

Update- The reservation is in and pending approval from the State which I should get confirmation by Friday.

Tentatively it will be in Vista Point --SHelter 10.. Will provide final details and directions and all other relavent info once confirmed..

I am really looking forward to meeting all you!

Adam

ITs Official!

Well its official.. Locked in the reservations today.

When: 5/1 @ 11:30 ----> ?????

Where: Jordan Lake, Vista Point, Area 10

Who?: GM Muscle (X-Body's, Turbo Buicks, Vettes whatever)

Why: Why the hell not!

What to bring-- NO BOOZE! But show up there will be hamburgers, hotdogs, beans and some drink..

Donations/assistance is appreciated.. I am looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone.

So pack it up and bring it on!

http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/jord/directions.html

I guess i will...

That way i wont have to THINK that i am an expert TR driver.
maybe ill just be an expert rider instead:rolleyes:

BTW:

If anyone is the market for C16, Slicks or whatever let me know and I will get em from kibler and bring them.

Otherwise C U THER.