Name calling and Bashing

Originally posted by Rollin
yeah.... I could show up.... poof! Their goes the whole chaotic neighborhood;)

Rollin,

No disrespect but you should move all these bickering threads to make way for the support of our troops threads, we can deal with this stuff later. :rolleyes:

http://www.turbobuicks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=003216#000015

Folks. This board (TB) was a rather good board.
And then it went to crap.
The link above is a thread I started on the other board (TBS)
I use to visit this site quite abit. But then drifted away.
I then decide to check in again and ....
Well. Stuff has happened.
People gettin' banned.
Threads locked up.
Damn page not loading right. Today was the first time in like 3 weeks I was able to get a post put on this page...

Anyway. We members are allowed (if U.S. Governed law is correct) to voice our opinions.

So... Jason.... If you can figure out where to start and get some guys rounded up to put the "Band back together" This site can be great again 1 day.

I have always hung my Bandanna over at turbobuicks.com. I will continue to do so even if this site is revborn. But it sure would be nice to be able to hop back and forth between the 2 places.

-Matt- {(Toadies T-Type) on the other board}

I'm still in and out but haven't been saying a whole lot lately. Taking a little break from all the posts I used to do. I do pay attention to moderator message alerts from members but usually don't see them until I get home or early a.m. before I go to work. Some I'm first there to help or too late and has been done already. I can't get to my yahoo e-mail from work anymore. It's been blocked at the firewall due to security reasons.

Not around as much as I used to be because work has been extremely intense for me the past year (work load up and man power down due to the economy allowing less time to browse the BB at work). Been working many night and weekends trying to keep up. Have been spending a lot of time with my girlfriend getting our life in full force. My T-Type has been on jack stands with a new tranny sitting under it but not installed since my only one track visit of the year back in early September '02 when the transmission pump blew apart if that tells you anything. Not like me to keep a car down that long. Been wanting to migrate my geocities website over to the new one that doesn't limit bandwidth along with much needed updates but haven't had any time to complete.

I'll try to do a better job keeping up on stuff here at TurboBuick.com. Members can help us by sending moderator messages cause sometimes we just can't read every post that's out there that might be causing a problem.

More tension seem to arise during the fall, winter, and early spring months due to people being cooped up.

Chad, you are right about the winter spring thing. We have seen this kind of thing happen in the past. But like a tide that comes and goes, it starts with a few nasty threads, and then the reminders to play nice, and the threats of banning, then the 'right to free speech' arguements. Etc...

Then everything calms down. People get a good taste of how crappy things can get, and go back to civility.

The character of this site, belonge to everyone of us. As such it requires a combined effort . Nothing wrong with reporting offensive content to a moderator either. That's everyone's job.

Lots of good times here. I still remember Chad teling us about the first time he launched with slicks, and a trans-brake. Knocked the rearview mirror off with his head! :)

For those that continue to insult us by misbehaving, well, they don't posess common sense, need to be gone. This leaves more room for good times, and good people. ;)

Hmmm, that would make a good toast! Time to head to the local club and try it out! ;)

Originally posted by Rollin
People I realize tension is high. But the Name calling and Nationality bashing stops now! .......By name calling, using profanity and bashing your only showing your ignorance and violating the rules as set forth by administration as:

UNACCEPTABLE POSTS
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will refrain from posting any material which is exceedingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, gross, disgusting, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, extremely sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law. This includes posts about religion, illegal substances, posts that turn to arguments and flame wars, etc...

I agree with above.

But I really don't understand why this is OK:
Why Muslims Want To Die! Lol

:( :confused: :(

Chad. I commend you for saying that you'll do a better job of moderating.
I just hope it doesn't mean you'll get offended and start locked/banning members when someone calls someone else a name like "Hick" or @$$clown or words like the such.
Some moderators over here do a good job of moderating forumns.
Others need to keep thier damn DELETING/LOCKING/BANNING powers away from forumns they DON'T moderate. AIGHT?

Here's a link from TBS.com that I ASSume "HotAirGNsRule" was refering about when he asked if someone could post a link .....
Ibelieve he meant for it to be posted over here. Enjoy.
http://www.turbobuicks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=003216;p=3

The key is FACT my freinds

I wasn't degrading anybody, not that I wouldn't take a shot.
I do not play "political correctness" very well. PC is what is costing
us lives over there right now.
There is nothing wrong with the thread on why Musliums want to die. And if you read the How to kill an American thread , you will find that there are more Musliums here than in Afganistan. So where is the slur? This is what they have to live for. Point is point. Facts are facts
And just for grins, I too...................... "Originally posted by TurboTer"
LOL, I would LOVE to see Rollin try and delete a thread started by WE4.

The slide show I put up is awesome. Chill and take a look at it. There are many killer screen savers and wallpapers there. I use the launching off the carrier now. Everyday I pray for our people over there.
We are at WAR fella's. Get a clue.

Bruce
WE4

OK, I'll lighten up. :) Actually I wasn't too wound up to begin with. It's hard to convey feelings/emtions with just 11 smileys. :p (We need a more smilies!) Please read the following as a "light and freindly discussion".

The thread itself plays to a stereotype. The one being that Muslims = Suicide bombers. :( We are at war with IRAQ's regime and terrorists. That's only about 0.0000001% of all Muslims. I know plenty of Muslims, and they seem to have plenty to live for (and none smell like donkeys, but one of my Christian freinds sure does!)

It wasn't meant to be a challenge to Rollin to lock any thread - Sorry if it appears that way! Last thing I want to do is 'cause Rollin more grief. :( I guess I was just try to point out with all the stuff about deleteing threads lately, this thread looked pretty bad compared to the others. I just think we need to be consistent with our guidelines (rules) and set good examples.

I totally support the troops and our countires actions. That line has been in my signature since the day we dropped bombs on Saddam's head. (Insert the smiliey with the Amercian flag here!) I can't stop watching the news channels - it's by far the best "reality" show on TV. :) :) :) :)

You know as I

mowed my lawn today this pissed me off more and more.
I know I am a "supposed Californian" but as most of you know I am a NEW YORKER!
Now I think some of you need a history lesson.
Living in Chicago, I can understand that you cannot relate to what took place on 9/11/01.(Which is a crying shame because they took more than that from you too, you just do not see it yet).
Ask Chris 718 as he watched in horror with tears rolling from his eyes as the people you are trying to protect, took 4000 INNOCENT lives from us effecting millions more. Ask him what they took from NY.
Tell my 19 year old neice, who was eating in the cafe , when a body from the 101st floor landed next to her covering her with guts, ( she is still in theropy and will never be right) that you think they still have a voice.
Ask My Uncle who was one of the first 38 firefighters who went in to the towers, about having to tell his 37 other brigade families that their loved ones are NOT returning and died in the trade center. He is still not right either.
The one great thing about this board is political correctness can be tossed aside.
I would never attack a board member, personnally or racially for their beliefs and or opinions but in no way on God's green earth am I going to allow you to make EXCUSES for the damage that this particuliar religion supports and are still determined to carry out. These people are still planning to (or think they can) take the US down.
With your beliefs , I hope they start in your backyard so maybe it will open your eyes and you may say , "hey, damn if they weren't right". Yes they may be some "good ones" but I for one am not about to sit around and wait for more colleterral damage to occur before action is taken. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS WAR!
As far as the personal attacks and member vendor bashing, no, that is wrong. We are on the same side. WE need to get along and support one another. But when you even think of trying to silence me against the intruder, violators, mass murderers, American killing Musliums and others, you will get a backlash outright war you will never believe. If you cannot understand the difference between what I posted and what this thread really pertains to... then you my friend, are the one with the issue.
I KNOW where I stand , and it will be and always be SUPPORTING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, no matter what they do!!

Like I said before... I have a one way plane ticket right here for anyone who feels this country isn't the best in the world. Love it and support it....or...LEAVE IT!!!!!

Where are all the psychos when you need them? I got a list of movie stars they can shoot so they can be popular too.. LOL What morons theses stars are... :mad:

9/11/01 NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!
NEVER EVER!!!

Bruce
WE4 and PROUD of it!

Damn... You replied as I was typing... looks like we do have more in common than first thought huh?
Pl,ease understand my deep feelings here and what we have lost. We are comrades......Sorry for the rant... BT

DOWN WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!!!! JUST SOMETHING FOR LOSERS TO HIDE BEHIND. LIKE, "LET'S LOWER ALL THE STANDARDS" SO THE LOSERS WILL BE IN CHARGE. :rolleyes:

Re: You know as I

Originally posted by WE4
Damn... You replied as I was typing... looks like we do have more in common than first thought huh?
Pl,ease understand my deep feelings here and what we have lost. We are comrades......Sorry for the rant... BT

I understand completely. I just want our feelings (and bombs!) directed at the right people. :D

(Damn, I'm glad I hit reply before you. Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your lawn mowing ;) )

Re: The key is FACT my freinds

Originally posted by WE4
And just for grins, I too...................... "Originally posted by TurboTer"
LOL, I would LOVE to see Rollin try and delete a thread started by WE4.

Bruce
WE4

Would he be out the door if he did? :)