Mysterious Hardtop TTA

TTA1326

My son noticed what looked like a TTA in a local park and ride lot here in the middle of no where. He told me and I said no way. That was three days ago. Today I happened to being going by the place and sure enough, there's one sitting there after dark on a Sunday. It's less than 10 minutes from my house and I have to admit that I touched it!

I stopped to take a look. It's a leather hard top with somewhere around 157K on it. Vin code 7, intercooler scoop, 9 bolt, correct cross member, correct exhaust tips, boost gauge, full emblems, and out of state plates and DOT inspection sticker. Nearly 400 miles out of this state that is. The car also has the "Intercooled" emblems from a GN under the Turbo Trans Am emblems on each fender and an extra Turbo emblem on the back that I've never seen.

Maybe it's some local hillbilly and completely legit, but I still smell a rat. The car looks very nice for the mileage and I can't understand how anyone would leave it where it is. Do we have any law enforcement officers on this board who can quietly check a tag number and maybe a VIN?

Hardtop Crop.jpg

So you live.... where? ... and where is this car? :biggrin:

I wonder if its real?

BW

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
a'we gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long why to go and a short time to get there
I'm east bound just watch Quick6'n'-K.C. run

LOL

BW:smile:

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
a'we gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long why to go and a short time to get there
I'm east bound just watch Quick6'n'-K.C. run

LOL

BW:smile:

I am tail grabbin your ass right now:biggrin:

There ain't no way you coulda come from my Loins:cool:

When I get home I am gonna punch your momma in da mouth:biggrin:

ohh man you guys started w the quoted.. Daddy I dropped my hat. I hope your head was in it.

ill call you frog cuz youre cute like a frog and i would love to jump ya. Im drawin blanks right now :mad: I wish they would have done a 4th and used a GN.. How cool would that be...

This thread is absolutely full of freaking vultures... :D But, I guess I can't say anything since I'm hording the information that I do have! :eek:

The car is not stolen, that's the good news. The bad news is that the car has a current registration and owner listing in that "other" state that's about 400 miles from "this" state. Maybe moving down here or something?

The car is being driven now. It disappeared on Sunday night and hasn't shown back up at the park and ride lot. However, it was spotted again locally today. I have several high school kids watching for the car and this is a very small town. More to come when I get it...

It could have been a t-top car and had a solid roof put on. A friend of mine had a auto-x prepped IROC that used to be a t-top car. Looking on the top and bottom of the roof you could never guess it was ever a t-top car. All of the bracing and sheet metal was correct in every way possible. The next time someone sees this potential hardtop TTA leave a note or business card on it. We are all anxiously waiting to hear more about it!

This thread is absolutely full of freaking vultures... :D But, I guess I can't say anything since I'm hording the information that I do have! :eek:

I can't blame them, I'm currently tracking down your IP address. :biggrin:

I can't blame them, I'm currently tracking down your IP address. :biggrin:

Man I like this board! :cool:

Part of the problem last night was the fact that I didn't get the full information on this guy from my "source". Never fear, I tried again and I now have the full name, address, city, state, zip, area code, and phone number for this dude! :biggrin: