My TurboBuick Wedding

Doug Jacobson

Altitude Compensated
Yep, I got hitched a little over a week ago and just got home from Jamaica. Since I called in for work today I have a little time to throw together something. Once you get past the pics of my ugly mug. There are some pics of the cars. I spent a bunch of time polishing up cars the week before, kept me from getting cold feet. :)

Here it is, 56k warning!!

I want to thank, Sergeant Billy Higgins (ruralGN) of the OPD for the use of his GN and Ian Oehm (oehm)for the use of his T-Type. The white car is mine, we drove Billys GN to the reception (about 40 miles away from our country church. My car (the white one) with the rollbar was declined by my new bride for transportation, she had a hard enough time getting in the back of a car without a roll bar.

It was a day to remember., thanks for looking.

DJ

That is AWESOME thanks for sharing such a important day in your life with us.

You guys look very happy.
:cool: :cool:

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Holy sh!t, bridesmaids!

VERY cool pics, thanks for sharing!

damn strait! i thought i was gunna be the 1st to say that but wow.

any of them live in AZ? ;)

beautiful wedding!

who did you trust to drive the buick?

Nice pics! That's the only way I would do it! :) I would love to take a GN and turn it into a limo! I bet that thing would be renting out non stop! :)

Doug Congrats

Thats awesome! We met @ Kearney this summer when you guys were running your GNs.

Good luck with the marrage!

Ty

Doug,

Congrats!!!! Nice going.

When the wife and I got married in 1993 we did the same thing we had 4 GN's, a WE4 and a GNX as our head car.

I sent a picture of our wedding party and the cars into Car Craft and they printed it.

Congrats again and all the best to you and the Mrs Jacobson.

i cant get the pics to come up, could you email them to me or repost.

i would really like to see as it sounds awsome.

joshua

Originally posted by 87grandnat
i cant get the pics to come up, could you email them to me or repost.
Looks like his web-hosting has a limit on the amount of bytes that can be downloaded each month and he has exceeded the limit. AOL does this to my site but its on a daily basis instead of monthly....so you'll have to wait till next month and be first in line :)

I upped the bandwidth for the site for a month so you guys can get a shot to look at them.

Thanks again for the compliments, it sucked going back to work today. But everyone noticed my tan. :)

Doug

Do you Lincoln guys have much for get togethers up there during the summer? TR influence in these parts is pretty scarce.

Congratulations on the wedding, I'm gettin' hitched this July. Still waiting for the pics to load (56k).

bob

Nice pics and congrats! Looks like your a very lucky man
;)
Had the same thing at our wedding and this was before I ever owned a GN, a friend of a friend had a mint GN that was modded and always ran on ET streets.
Plan was to do a huge burnout in front of the church when we left but the morning of the wedding when he was washing it he found a nail in the slick and didn't want to chance a burnout. But was still cool to leave in one.

Congrats!!

I've been married ten years now:) The entire church laughed when I said all my worldly goods become hers, they knew my race car was as good as gone. Not complaing cause she let me get a turbo buick years after my worldly goods were parted out.