My T/A aluminum motor

Nice car and great looking fab work.. You can see attention to detail that makes it look like it was thought out and not just bolted together

Coming from you Gene I really appreciate it.:D Just looking at your car inspires me. This stuff is not all bolt in.:) Just have to coordinate with Cal to work his magic on it. Hopefully soon.

Steve

715 @11 lbs ???!!!!!!!!! You sir did something correct :p Next vid 30#'s..Dominate dyno? :cool:

Great car....amazing detail when you see it up close.(if it's the same one you brought to SP)

715 @11 lbs ???!!!!!!!!! You sir did something correct :p Next vid 30#'s..Dominate dyno? :cool:

Great car....amazing detail when you see it up close.(if it's the same one you brought to SP)

Very scary at 11psi, I agree. Steve what are you using for fuel? Thing sounds like a cold start on M-1 turbine.

What turbo is it again? You hinted 88 mm, then Cal suggested gt47-88 and then you hinted pro mod 91 mm???????

47-88 with ceramic ball bearings.
Thanks, now I would like to know how long it takes to spool from idle to 10 psi, if you could do a video that would be great or a data log of some sort,

Thanks, but I;m interested in a bigger turbo, just looking for some raw data.

When it comes to spooling the 88 and larger turbos, convertor choice and driving technique make all the diference in the world. You may want to attend a TSO race and watch how they get it done. You will see they are able to cut a good light on a .400 tree. They do this by building boost pre-staged and then bumping into the light. I have some customers who use the trans-creep and others who just hold the brakes hard.
You mentioned spoolup from idle. I have tuned some Q-16 cars that come in at idle (Tweaked, Kereney, etc..). They normally use NOS to hit the chip before the light comes down. This usually run on a Sportsman-tree, not a Pro-tree.