My pics from the Bradenton Outlaw Radial Tire Championship.

Last few misc pics I took in the pits, hope you enjoyed I know I sure did.:cool:

Attachments

• miscpics1.JPG
    miscpics1.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,084
  • miscpics2.JPG
    miscpics2.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,002
  • miscpics3.JPG
    miscpics3.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 1,987
  • miscpics4.JPG
    miscpics4.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,976
Dude, I saw that thing from the bottom....
They are nice guys but that is no drag radial car...

Yep the bottom is nicer than the top!:eek: I guess the best way to describe it is Outlaw Drag Radial or maybe if they had an ADRL Radial class they could call it Extreme Drag Radial.

Thanks for the pics and for stopping by saying hello. This was by far the baddest race we've attended. I'll give an update on the weekends events once I spend some time with the family.

Later.

Dusty,
Car looks great. Good Job making a good showing. What happened to Chads car?

You coming to Reynolds? Im slaving in the garage trying to finish my junk up before the weekend.

Seeing Dusty's car in person for the first time I really must say this car is amazing, the pics don't do it justice especially when you see some of the other Radial cars that are built with almost no regard for looking like a street type of car.

Thanx for sharing the pics brick :cool: . After seeing the pics, I totally agree with u, Dusty's car is th only one with a true street car resemblance. The rest are just rugged/ragged up race cars trying to meet the rules. I had never seen pics of Stacks red Monte, man that's very ragged up car IMO. Dusty congrats on such an awesome build man, hats off ! :cool: Your car is defintely the benchmark for fast street looking cars !

Dusty,
Car looks great. Good Job making a good showing. What happened to Chads car?

You coming to Reynolds? Im slaving in the garage trying to finish my junk up before the weekend.

Thanks. You missed a kick a$$ race.

Chad's car tossed a rod during 1st round qual burnout. He had this race and 1 more next month before freshening the motor. The aluminum rod didn't make it the full season.

I don't know if I'll run my car in Reynolds. I need to put the 1.32 a/r on and test but I also got Halloween stuff going on with the kids. I don't look to spend much time in Reynolds considering I've been gone since Thursday for this race.

I hope to see yours there.

Thanks. You missed a kick a$$ race.

Chad's car tossed a rod during 1st round qual burnout. He had this race and 1 more next month before freshening the motor. The aluminum rod didn't make it the full season.

I don't know if I'll run my car in Reynolds. I need to put the 1.32 a/r on and test but I also got Halloween stuff going on with the kids. I don't look to spend much time in Reynolds considering I've been gone since Thursday for this race.

I hope to see yours there.

Dusty,

It was nice seeing you again man. Looks like you made a solid pass in the first round and got beat by inches? What happened to stack, he qualified but I did not see his name on the round sheets?

As prev. stated your car is the real deal as..true street car looking, etc..and you are not to far off the pace.

Dusty,

It was nice seeing you again man. Looks like you made a solid pass in the first round and got beat by inches? What happened to stack, he qualified but I did not see his name on the round sheets?

As prev. stated your car is the real deal as..true street car looking, etc..and you are not to far off the pace.

Thanks. 1st round was door to door Bitzer's Malibu. Margin of victory was .05. Considering he's the fastest N20 car in the country I can live with him beating me. He went 4.83 in the killer conditions Thursday night. I had a .024 light to his .076 but he evened it up at the 60' with his 1.27 to my 1.32. It was side by side from there. I will have to change a/r housings. I went from 45# to 60# on the wastegate and the boost only went up 2# from 28-30#, backpressure shot up to 2:1. Once I get the boost where it needs to be with the 1.32 it will run over 150mph. I just ran out of time before the race to get enough testing in with the 106. I was able to put together the 5.01 on the 4th pass but needed that pass and one more to get where I needed for race day. We got down early Friday morning after driving straight through the night hoping to make test passes. Too bad it rained us out.

Even had I got past the Malibu I was in for a long day. Turns out I was qualified in the worst position of the race.

1st round I had Bitzer
2nd round I would of had Stine, 3rd fastest n2o car in the country
3rd round would of been Wolfe, fastest turbo car in the country
4th round would have been Stevenson, fastest blower car at the race and winner of the event
5th round I would of had Pirez, 2nd fastest n2o car in the country. Talk about a bad qualifying position:eek:

We had a good time and meet a lot of new great people.

Stack had a balancer issue after the 3rd round qualifying. It was rubbing the cam drive. Don Cruz was hanging out and turning wrenches with us while we tried to figure out the issue. Thanks Don;)

Once we got the balancer issue fixed he fired the car up but had a knocking sound coming from the oil pan. Something moved around and caused the balancer issue. It was not a constant knocking but looking back over the data logs he was down about 20# of oil pressure at the end of the run. He called it at that point.

Thanks for sharing the details from the race Dusty, sounds like if you would've had a few more runs to test had it not rained out Friday you may've gotten that 4.9x pass. That was definitely a tough field of cars to be running against especially considering a lot of guys had there cars figured out and making record passes during this event (the top 12 cars were all 4.9x and faster). I seen that your fellow EZ street racer John Kolivas stepped it up for this race and ran a 4.83 @156mph.:eek: That's too bad about Stack, it sounds like the Turbo cars had some bad luck at this event even Wolfe cause apparently from what I read he broke his trans and he got it fixed but didn't get it done in time to make it up to the line before Stine staged his car.

Kolivas swapped from NMRA trim to outlaw trim. He's got a new 427 Bennett canted valve monster with a 114. I was told that 4.83 at 156 was with the boost still in the mid-high 20's so look for .70's from him very soon.

Wolfe had some sort of issue. Once Richie was in the burnout box they put Wolfe on the 2 minute clock. He didn't make it to staging until after Stine completed his burnout so Stine made a solo pass for the win.

Wolfe had some sort of issue. Once Richie was in the burnout box they put Wolfe on the 2 minute clock. He didn't make it to staging until after Stine completed his burnout so Stine made a solo pass for the win.

Wow Dusty, sounds like you can cut a light! Based on what was posted here, it sounds in poor taste to not let Wolfe get next to Stine and race, if he was that close. We all know, everyone in the race feared him, so they found an easy way out.

I know you do not like 1/4 mile racing, but I am sure you realize you would probably have alot of these guys covered on the backend of the track with your set-up.

Wow Dusty, sounds like you can cut a light! Based on what was posted here, it sounds in poor taste to not let Wolfe get next to Stine and race, if he was that close. We all know, everyone in the race feared him, so they found an easy way out.

I know you do not like 1/4 mile racing, but I am sure you realize you would probably have alot of these guys covered on the backend of the track with your set-up.

I did tree him but the car still would of had to run a 4.95 to beat him.

I'm sure it was the staff at Bradenton who made the call not to let Wolfe in the water box. I understood his car would not start. Once the 2 minutes were up they let Stine do his burnout. Stine was staging when I saw Wolfe round the corner so I'm sure Stine never saw what was going on behind him.

I could cover some of them but even the top nitrous guys like Bitzer, Pirez and Stine all run 150 to the 1/8th. If I covered them it wouldn't be much at all. I think I can go 187-189 with this brick which is about what a top n2o car will run.

I did tree him but the car still would of had to run a 4.95 to beat him.

I'm sure it was the staff at Bradenton who made the call not to let Wolfe in the water box. I understood his car would not start. Once the 2 minutes were up they let Stine do his burnout. Stine was staging when I saw Wolfe round the corner so I'm sure Stine never saw what was going on behind him.

I could cover some of them but even the top nitrous guys like Bitzer, Pirez and Stine all run 150 to the 1/8th. If I covered them it wouldn't be much at all. I think I can go 187-189 with this brick which is about what a top n2o car will run.

Ya..it would be pretty close on the big end, with those guys. Look what Stine did in testing:

Congrat to Stine on a new personal best !!! - Yellow Bullet Forums

:eek:

That is only three mph and one tenth off what Wolfe did Sat. night! So who knows..

Yeah but Team Pirez still makes better videos, LOL you'll know what I mean if you seen the latest posted on the bullet.;):biggrin:

Even though the Nitrous guys can't keep up ya gotta give them the credit for trying so here's a few pics I threw in for them, the Camaro is Richie's Stine from MD and even though I looked I couldn't find Mr. Anderson.:confused:

That 81 Malibu runs. I would not include it in the couldn't keep up category.:confused:

Home track

Stack had a balancer issue after the 3rd round qualifying. It was rubbing the cam drive. Don Cruz was hanging out and turning wrenches with us while we tried to figure out the issue. Thanks Don;)

Once we got the balancer issue fixed he fired the car up but had a knocking sound coming from the oil pan. Something moved around and caused the balancer issue. It was not a constant knocking but looking back over the data logs he was down about 20# of oil pressure at the end of the run. He called it at that point.

Your welcome !;) See you at Reynolds

My home track and I was very impressed with how it was set up.:D