My Pics from the 2009 Southern Buick Shootout at Reynolds.

Thanks

Great pics as usual Steve. You come through big time for those of us who could not make it there.

I heard that Manny blew the top plate off his intake and it broke the hood when his car backfired. I saw one pic of the broken hood but none of the intake damage. Any pics of that? He said he got it running again after pulling almost an all-nighter fixing everything and ran in the 8's afterwards too.

That intercooler blow-out by Roy was something else too.

Take care and say hi to your pops for me as well and thanks again for the great coverage.

Shev

Great pics as usual Steve. You come through big time for those of us who could not make it there.

I heard that Manny blew the top plate off his intake and it broke the hood when his car backfired. I saw one pic of the broken hood but none of the intake damage. Any pics of that? He said he got it running again after pulling almost an all-nighter fixing everything and ran in the 8's afterwards too.

That intercooler blow-out by Roy was something else too.

Take care and say hi to your pops for me as well and thanks again for the great coverage.

Shev

Shev,

I took a pic of the hood, but didn't get any of the intake plate as they were too busy working on it and I didn't want to bother them. On Saturday he did get it in the 8's, I think it was either an 8.90 or an 8.80 @160mph and then on his last pass the trans cooler blew off and the car got loose at the top of the traps but Manny was able to save it from hitting the wall!:eek: Scary stuff, but Manny is a damn good driver and he was happy to just be able to put the car back in the trailer without any real damage. So as you can tell it was a rough weekend of racing for both Roy and Manny, but even with their bad luck they both ran very well!:cool:

Thanks for all the cool pics. The even was a blast and a big thanks for everyone involved in putting it on.

Only downside to these pics is now there is proof that my old Brown Beater was the ugliest ride there, but that's ok, we still had fun :biggrin:

It was, if you get a chance next year I would definitely try and make this race.

I am glad you feel this way, Steve. I knew you were at the event, but can't remember if we got a chance to talk (the whole weekend was a blur). Thanks for the pics and I'll see you next year.

Thanks

Just wanted to say thank you to the HARTLINE family and all of the people who helped on putting this event togeather, I had a great time, only got to make one pass and the tranny appeared to have went south or someother direction :biggrin:, but made my best 60 ft a 1.43 on a 10lb launch, and 18lb ran a 10.6 at 125.6, in a 3990 lb car, was sure hoping to turn it up but that is racing, cant wait for next year. Thanks Jr.

I am glad you feel this way, Steve. I knew you were at the event, but can't remember if we got a chance to talk (the whole weekend was a blur). Thanks for the pics and I'll see you next year.

Didn't get a chance to talk with ya this time Cal as I could see you were very busy as usual but next time I will make it a point to at least come over and say hello.:)

Just wanted to say thank you to the HARTLINE family and all of the people who helped on putting this event together, I had a great time, only got to make one pass and the tranny appeared to have went south or some other direction :biggrin:, but made my best 60 ft a 1.43 on a 10lb launch, and 18lb ran a 10.6 at 125.6, in a 3990 lb car, was sure hoping to turn it up but that is racing, cant wait for next year. Thanks Jr.
Jr I talked to Vinnie on Monday & he said you called him. you will not regret putting one of his tranny's in, it will be the last time you will have to screw with it.

Just wanted to say thank you to the HARTLINE family and all of the people who helped on putting this event togeather, I had a great time, only got to make one pass and the tranny appeared to have went south or someother direction :biggrin:, but made my best 60 ft a 1.43 on a 10lb launch, and 18lb ran a 10.6 at 125.6, in a 3990 lb car, was sure hoping to turn it up but that is racing, cant wait for next year. Thanks Jr.

JR,
I want to thank you and the other GA guys for attending the event. Next year we plan on making the event even bigger. Hopefully, I can convince Jack to come down and join our fun.

Jr I talked to Vinnie on Monday & he said you called him. you will not regret putting one of his tranny's in, it will be the last time you will have to screw with it.
Got back home on sat night and went to Bennys on sun and pulled tranny out and crated it up and sent it out to Vinnie on Monday and he has it now and tearing it down as we speak. Jr.

JR,
I want to thank you and the other GA guys for attending the event. Next year we plan on making the event even bigger. Hopefully, I can convince Jack to come down and join our fun.
Thanks Cal, I had a good time, wish I could have made more passes than 1, but that is racing, appears that the event was as big or bigger than the past events, you can count me in on being there next year hopefully the i can run some type of class, maybe the heaviest :D. Thanks Jr.

Hey Brick,
Great photos of the event. Thanks for posting them.

I hope this event is even bigger next year!!!!!

Thanks Sam, glad you enjoyed them. I'd venture to say this event will only get bigger and better after having such a great turnout this year.:D:)