My personal thank you for the TB.com nats!!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Just wanted to thank everybody involved, and for those of you that missed it. You have no idea of how fabulous this event is!!!

I finally got home and have some time to sit down, relax, and remanisse(sic) about the great times that were had this past week/weekend!!

I can say in no uncertain terms, that this event is by far MY PERSONAL favorite! There are no words to describe Richard Clark's generosity and good will to the turbo regal community!! Opening his facility to everybody and on top of that, feeding us all goes above and beyond!!!!!!

I would also like to personally thank all the vendors that DID show up and the great presentations!! Your continued support generally shows the CLASS in our dwindling community. John and I were able to get our front covers machined thanks to Richards generosity, and the guys that needed the extra help and tools Fri night I'm quite sure are happy campers because of Richard and his facilities!!!

Sorry about any mis spellings, I'm sitting at home with a nice BIG glass of wine at my fingertips.

Even though I didn't have a car there for this event, all I can is, not having a car at the event SHOULD NOT DETER anyone from attending in the future. Seeing Richard's place is an enriching experience to say the least... Trust me, no matter how you get here, you would NEVER regret it!!!

But, was able to get John's (my Son-In-Law and best friend, GNX 405) Hybrid Mazda to the event, and we were able to get it tuned and running great!! Once we got the fueling right, he ran pretty consistent 7.80's @ 94mph!! Talk about big end pull!!!! Now he just has to find the cause of the 2.7 second lag and the car will be a screamer!!!!!!

Oh, almost forgot, John also "took home the bacon" in the 8.49 index class. Talk about a "pedal fest"!! ;) ;) It was fun to watch.

I think now that Scot (GNS) is now definately a believer in the advantage of the LT1 MAF he has in hand!! While Richard tested a couple stock MAF's scot had, he did complete flow tests, and then ran a 3" LT1 MAF that Scot acquired from me and Richard flowed that..... 100 CFM more that the stock MAF!!! :eek: I think Scot will now be installing his Translator Plus and LT1 MAF!!! :cool: SCOT.... SPARE TIRE!!! I told you I'd rat you out!

Of course meeting all the "heavy hitters" in our community was definately a pleasure..... The likes of Dennis Kirban, Richard Lassiter, and Mr. Conolly himself, and of course there's Cal Hartline lending his info and advice to everyone. Geeezz I know I forgot someone and I appologize, my memory sucks.

How can I possibly thank Bob Bailey(Bailey Engineering/Translator guy), and Eric Marshall(Turbo Tweak guy) enough for their help and advice in matters of tuning, and Bob for getting us hooked up with a working powerlogger!! We'll get it back to you. :D BOB, and extra thank you for the parts you brought for me!!! Kathy's 87 will be happier!!

It was fantastic meeting so many people and putting faces to names!!

And finally, how can we possibly thank Shane, and Clint enough for putting everything together. Clint was running around like a madman coordinating everyting, and doing a PERFECT job of it I might add. You are both gentlement of the highest caliber!!! And I mean that sincerely!!! I hear that next year's event will be something special!!

Richard, Shane and Clint..... THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!!!!

I'll probably be butting into other posts about this event when I remember things I've forgotten. :eek:

In closing, those of you that did not, or could not attend, for whatever reason, PLEASE make a point to come to next year's event. You WILL NOT regret it!!!! And if you don't come you will suffer Turbodave's wrath!!!...Sorry, just kidding.