My Next Slug

JoyOf6

I'm going with a TopSportsman car next year with plans to make a few NHRA Division 4 races. Brand spanking new 25.1E double framerail chassis built locally from Tim McAmis kit - mine in a week. Will receive blown 555 aluminum engine later this year. Going water-intercooled gas-powered first, maybe move to alky in future. Lots to do to finish including wiring, plumbing, front clip glass work, ....
Buick content: I still have two black ones :)

Procharge4.jpg

Procharge5.jpg

Procharge1.jpg

unfinished clip: http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/joyof6/Procharge3.jpg
intercooler:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/joyof6/Procharge9.jpg
mill mock-up:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/joyof6/Procharge10.jpg

That's not your run of the mill top sportsman car. I like it with the blower rather than another N20 motor.

"Pretty sick" is how I look at this combo, too.

Yeah, I agree on the blower vs. NOS T/S thing. I sold my GS roller and then this '68 roller became available, which was just too good to pass up. I saw it get built from a pile of tubes. There's a real nice engine coming together for it.

This project IS going to provide some enjoyment as it comes together over the Winter ad Spring.

Art

Art,

You are going to need two diapers for that ride.
One for the motor and the other for you! ;)
Good luck on the new ride, it looks amazing!

The engine has to have a diaper by rule. A good idea for me, too, but at least I'll be abusing laxatives to minimize the damage. :redface:

Art

Niiice ride Art.

Looks great. Diapers for the engine...pampers for the driver...looks like you'll need both. This is what I've been using, lately ;) and it looks like you are going to need some too :eek:

http://www.depend.com/products/products_male.asp

I use the "Depend Boost" of course, upper right of the page.

:redface:

Diaper order has been placed. :redface: SFI for all concerned!

After 6 months, this project has risen to the top to get finished. The car is completely wired. The new longblock will be installed in the car tomorrow with a new F3R blower so that fabrication can be done to fit the dry sump components, mechanical fuel pump, etc. within the small available space. Then it'll be pulled to the engine dyno before finishing up the car. It should be ready for tuning the chassis and ECU at the track within ~ a month.

Bear with me as I post a few more non-Buick pics over the next few days.

Art

1987 GN LT70, daily driver
1987 GN LT88, S2 longblock, on ice for a while longer
1968 Camaro T/S car

EngStnd3.jpg

EtrncsFlr.jpg

EngStnd2.jpg

Dash.jpg

EngStnd1.jpg

I appreicate the encouraging replies and thank you all.

The blower assembly was bolted up today and the engine installed to line out what needed to be done to fit the belt-driven pumps in tight space (fuel, vacuum, dry sump). Not much room on the crank support for three pulleys so it'll be machined another 3/8". I have some pics that'll have to wait a day or two to set up. Hope to dyno at end of next week.

Art

Yeah Roy, and untreated aluminum will never look better again :mad: . John, Procharger does rate the blower at 2300 hp in their old PDF table. The one that will replace the demo in the pics will have an impeller with newer specs; not sure of the actual difference since it's still in the box. We'll be content in the neighborhood of 2000 hp. Subtract drivetrain loss, and car has to weigh 2600# min for T/S, so it's it's easy to see what we're shooting for. Just look at how T/S qualifying ETs have rapidly improved. This'll take some baby steps to get a handle on, no unrealistic expectations from me or my intestines.

Progress: the vacuum pump and mech fuel pump fit very nicely on the motor plate and crank support plate, respectively. One of the blower support brackets was cut and milled to make room for the crank trigger, and another was similarly altered for mounting the dry sump pump. Dry sump manifold required reworking so it could plumb to the tank (not shown). Only one spot to fit the tank, and a neat bracket was fabbed for it. A simple water manifold will be made for the motor plate and a remote pump mounted. Pulley mounting depth on the support snout will be machined deeper this week to accommodate a thrid pulley. That's all for now...

3_10_7b.jpg

3_10_7a.jpg

3_10_7d.jpg

3_10_7e.jpg

3_10_7f.jpg