TE44 Turbo Needs rebuilt $100 obo & free life lesson about ebay. :)

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
$100 obo

Ok gentlemen, before I begin on this turbo, let me provide you a little lesson to be learned to not trust ebay and to always go with your gut feeling when selling a used part to someone on ebay. I'm finally getting to cleaning my house up, so yes this happened last year. I originally had this TE44 on ebay. It was used for a few thousand miles but absolutely no shaft play and in perfect condition. I get a couple messages on ebay from a gentlemen by the name of Dontaye Jefferson in Madison, Alabama. He had a few questions on if this turbo would help his 85 GN beat his friends Cadillac. So I ask him a few questions, and he has an 85GN with an 86-87 engine swap. All of a sudden I became a couple hours of tech support. Now mind you, while talking with this guy on the phone, I could barely understand what he was saying. Almost as if he had a skee ball jammed into his mouth while talking to me. This is the point when I should have said no deal and let the bidding go. He asks me to set up a buy it now so that he can get it. He does and I ship it. A couple weeks later, I get more "tech support" phone calls from this guy telling me that it worked great when he first installed it, but that it is now making a loud squealing noise. My first thought is "here we go". I told him there was nothing wrong with the turbo and he is saying he wants his money back. He files a claim with ebay and wins the full refund right away. I receive the turbo back and it clearly was dropped. The compressor has a bent fin and appears to have contacted the inside of the housing. The turbine side has also contacted the inside of its housing. I spin the wheel, and it is no longer true. It has a slight bend which you can see when rotated. Almost as if, someone took the compressor cover off (which he admitted to) and dropped it on the ground. I call ebay and appeal asking them if they have any knowledge whatsoever about these parts and I was even willing to send them before and after photos. No dice. So when you think about selling used parts on ebay, think twice on who you are dealing with. Even though I had clear before and after photos, they didn't even care or even ask for them, because they said it doesn't matter. I blame myself here because I had a clear warning when I spoke with this mumbling gentleman on the phone. Now that this story has been shared, I would assume it needs a new shaft/compressor wheel etc. You can see in the after photos how I used my finger to push the turbine wheel one direction and then the next photo in the other direction to show the play.

Now for the pics:

Before Pics:

After Pics:

$100 obo

Ok gentlemen, before I begin on this turbo, let me provide you a little lesson to be learned to not trust ebay and to always go with your gut feeling when selling a used part to someone on ebay. I'm finally getting to cleaning my house up, so yes this happened last year. I originally had this TE44 on ebay. It was used for a few thousand miles but absolutely no shaft play and in perfect condition. I get a couple messages on ebay from a gentlemen by the name of Dontaye Jefferson in Madison, Alabama. He had a few questions on if this turbo would help his 85 GN beat his friends Cadillac. So I ask him a few questions, and he has an 85GN with an 86-87 engine swap. All of a sudden I became a couple hours of tech support. Now mind you, while talking with this guy on the phone, I could barely understand what he was saying. Almost as if he had a skee ball jammed into his mouth while talking to me. This is the point when I should have said no deal and let the bidding go. He asks me to set up a buy it now so that he can get it. He does and I ship it. A couple weeks later, I get more "tech support" phone calls from this guy telling me that it worked great when he first installed it, but that it is now making a loud squealing noise. My first thought is "here we go". I told him there was nothing wrong with the turbo and he is saying he wants his money back. He files a claim with ebay and wins the full refund right away. I receive the turbo back and it clearly was dropped. The compressor has a bent fin and appears to have contacted the inside of the housing. The turbine side has also contacted the inside of its housing. I spin the wheel, and it is no longer true. It has a slight bend which you can see when rotated. Almost as if, someone took the compressor cover off (which he admitted to) and dropped it on the ground. I call ebay and appeal asking them if they have any knowledge whatsoever about these parts and I was even willing to send them before and after photos. No dice. So when you think about selling used parts on ebay, think twice on who you are dealing with. Even though I had clear before and after photos, they didn't even care or even ask for them, because they said it doesn't matter. I blame myself here because I had a clear warning when I spoke with this mumbling gentleman on the phone. Now that this story has been shared, I would assume it needs a new shaft/compressor wheel etc. You can see in the after photos how I used my finger to push the turbine wheel one direction and then the next photo in the other direction to show the play.

Now for the pics:

Before Pics:

After Pics:

Pm sent

I love how you refer to him as gentleman when he basically screwed you on multiple levels. That story made my blood boil. Good use of self restraing when writing your post, you are a better man than me!

Fwiw its not a te44.
Anyone shady on ebay and I cancel the transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buyer always wins on Flee Bay

My quick story

I sold an 08 Tahoe PPV. Paid with his credit card. I called PP and asked if this card and account had a long established track record, and ifthere any concerns. They say no. Fast forward 6 montns, i get an $18k charge back. Have a frined at the DMV pull the record and its registered to his hame. His CC company said he was an unauthorized user. PP refunded the CC company the money and tried to come after me for the 18k. Told them they were crazy, he had the truck and it was registered to him, not my problem. They threatned to send me to collections, which i laughed off. That was over a year ago and no collectionz.

Moral of the story, EBay and PP will always side with the buyer and screw the seller no matter the situation.