My newest daily driver

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
Ive got some work to do and im hoping to be driving it to work this summer Ive got most of the parts to get it running..Its a 1957 Oval thats like the one i had 30 plus years ago.I have to get use to 700 less HP than my Buick street car or 1200 less HP than my Buick drag car LOL
DSCN0878.jpg
DSCN0812-1.jpg
DSCN0803.jpg
DSCN0807.jpg

Its from one extreme to another and thats what i like about it. People will give me shit about having a slow car but i have 2 other cars that will keep up with traffic.. LOL

I think you should keep the original patina on the outside and build a sleeper. A 2275 with 48 IDA's would be a lot of fun. :)

Neal

I had a '67 bug in high school. A little newer then the one you have. If you have the stock motor then IMHO you should opt for a 1600cc engine with dual port heads. Stick dual weber carbs and a stinger 4 into 1 exhaust and have fun. You'll still get good gas mileage from it!! I miss mine.:(

For now its getting the 1200 single port put in it that came with the car. Im painting the rims the stock colors with stock caps and plan on setting it down on the ground. These cars go for big money these day and i had to pay good money for this car because it has very little rust:) I just cant cut this car up to make it a IRS car with dual webers and cut up a nice stock 55 year old car.

For now its getting the 1200 single port put in it that came with the car. Im painting the rims the stock colors with stock caps and plan on setting it down on the ground. These cars go for big money these day and i had to pay good money for this car because it has very little rust:) I just cant cut this car up to make it a IRS car with dual webers and cut up a nice stock 55 year old car.

Definitely the way to go..........

I like your idea Neal but with a turbo! Knowing Gene it always starts off modestly enough and then before you know it, it becomes a work of art....

I like your idea.
Just a nice driver...

Clean bug! My mom loved those bugs and owned a 67 and 69 both with baby moons and a kickin' sub in the back. Those cars are great in the snow. I'd have to swap in a hayabusa motor though:)