My New DP/Wastegate Setup (Over Kill)

ok have to give myself a bump. i just cant get over how nice the pipe turned out. makes the up-pipe look smallllll

Brent, you do amazing work. Everything on your car is first rate and done to perfection. Guys I've seen this car in person, its absolutely one of the nicest cars I have ever seen.

BEAUTIFUL setup!! Truely great work. Just one thing....I think you may have future problems with WBO2 life having it mounted that close to the turbine housing.

Dave, I agree its on the closer side but my tuner/xfi guru which is pretty well known put it there. I'm going to trust his decision. I would like it probley 8in more away but everyone has there own way and thoughs. Anyways thanks for the comments

:D wow....just....wow

Can I borrow that for like, 10 years?

Have you had any issues mounting the TB at a 45? I want to run a bigger turbo, but I figure I ened to make adjustments, reclock the compressor housing, and then find an adapter or what not for the TB...

What turbo is that????

john

Been running my tb like that since 2002 with no issues. The turbo is a ta-54 custom made for my car back around 2001. I'm going to probley go bigger soon. Also thanks for the comments.

With that set up, you may not need 30#s, maybe 25#s. I still say you on the way to 3rd member of 10 second Hot Air club.:eek: :eek: :cool: :cool:

We will see what happens this year. Next year I'm going to get a new tranny with a brake so that will help big time. And I hope to be #2 on the 10's list with a 3.8 block. Problem with me is I only race my car hard once a year and I make very small changes. This year I'm going to up the boost to 24-25 psi off the get go so that will be 5 psi more then my 11.74 passes. I also drive this car more then it sees the track believe it or not. I have a few more things up my sleeve but I need to buy a house so I can get the car out here.

Bro.. welcome to the club. I got to buy a house also. I got all my cars scattered at various relatives houses. With your current setup you may not need as much boost.... I cannot remember any intercooled cars with a setup anywhere close to yours. Hopefully, you will get moved and get some seat time. I would love to set your set up on my car. I got a modded 86 intake.

No updates really. Won't have anything till after thanksgiving weekend at the wcn. As of right now I re-wired the stage 2 on the ams to the aux port on the xfi. Now stage 2 is tps/rpm based. Car is in arizona and I live in cally so I don't get to drive it much. I was just out there but all I did was get my fuel oil logging installed and change the plugs. Ran the car around the block but was on e and out of alky so didn't get to drive it really. Anyways I will update everyone after the event with hopefully good news. Better 1/4 mile times and rock steady boost

Not in two different states but still no racing since Norwalk, money is tight these days, Karl is still unemployed. Hoping to race here shortly and then maybe a couple more times locally. Hope you find a house soon so you can have the car closer. Are you still in the service?

Jamie, I seperated from the airforce in november. I now work for la county. Money is pretty good. I just don't get to race the car like I want to. This year more boost next year new trans and a ptc converter

very cool dp boost231! can't wait to hear what kind of numbers you run with it!

thanks tb3,jamie.

jamie, your 10 sec slip is what im still striving for. Any pointers? Tune tune tune is what im thinking as well as suspension tuning. I think i have the parts to run 10's but not sure

With that set up, you may not need 30#s, maybe 25#s. I still say you on the way to 3rd member of 10 second Hot Air club.:eek: :eek: :cool: :cool:

everytime i look at these picture i just :biggrin:. as for an update 2009 WCN, i couldn't make a full pass once i got past 23psi of boost. was fine at 22psi but not 23. car ran this # shutting it down early. come to find out bad plug wire. anyways 10's next time out at 23psi ;)

60-1.56 (foot brake)
330-4.5346
1/8-7.0863
1/8mph-96.22
1000-9.2347
1000mph-109.68
1/4-11.2476
1/4mph-110.11

Can't wait to push 30psi down the track. Might have to put a prize out there for the winning guess.