My just purchased '82 GN

ive had my fair share of issues with the 350C

good trans, but dont expect much from the lock up. i tired locking one at WOT and blew the clutch away.

convert it to non lock, should be as strong as any!

ive had my fair share of issues with the 350C

good trans, but dont expect much from the lock up. i tired locking one at WOT and blew the clutch away.

convert it to non lock, should be as strong as any!
:p Funny you should mention that. I'm currently working on a work around. But I agree....a pre-computered 350 is the best option. Won't hurt anything for those who wish to keep the OEM ECM.

LOL...you guys are hijacking my thread now..discussing the pros and cons of a THM350 vs. a THM200R...but I'm enjoying it

I know I'll try to have my 350 transmission rebuilt...since this '82 is not my performance horse..I have my WE4 for that..
It will probably be a Sunday driver, so gas mileage or even highway cruising is not much of a concern.
If I went to somewhere distant, like Bowling Green or NC for a meet, I'd probably consider trailering it.

And I have more than enough on my plate to just restore this '82 GN, and will probably avoid any major mods / swaps.

But it's always fun to get the dialogue going, and work up some thought processes.

sorry, its habit in this area... there soo little intrest usually, that when we get going were some regular ol'chatter boxes.

B4B is kinda like that smelly little hole in the wall bar... same usual ol'farts talkin the same chit drinking the cheapest fuel on tap.