My engine build at Richard Clarks Turbo Regal Farm...picture heavy

Everybody has a heated
20140109_213233.jpg
spray booth to hang their head gasket in right??

Patrick let me know when u get your engine together an I will let you know when I get my lil motor together id like to race for fun!

Lets fire this baby up on the stand...Richard has several chips for different injectors on a stock ECM for test running engines on the stand.

20140111_160458.jpg

NICE Engine hoist....battery powered and of course Richard knows the where to connect the chains for precise balance with and without the tranny connected.

20140111_221353.jpg

That is all for the night...I will go through and find more pics to post up.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. If Ronnie did his job and sacrificed the chicken, all of the problems with my car should be over !!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Bryan

Last edited:
Patrick let me know when u get your engine together an I will let you know when I get my lil motor together id like to race for fun!

My engine is already running........ been in the car for 2.5 yrs...................Are you ready for some 9's........

Congrats Brian! You should have called me and I would have drove down to help!
Those guy's are nothing short of Amazing! Richard has a shop that every car guy would die for with every machine under the sun to accomplish any job...

Richard, Patrick, Mike, Eric S. , Gary and I built my engine and it's running fantastic!

BTW: Brian what did your crank balance at? here is a pic of mine....
Crank Ballance 2012.jpg

Great write up Bryan!! Glad to see your luck is finally turning around!! It goes without saying that all your comments about Richard, Pat, and the rest of the NC gang are spot on. Anyone who has had personal dealings or contact with them know just how fantastic they are. Richard of course is in a class all his own. I've never met a man so generous and forthcoming with help for the Turbo Buick community. His facilities are like nothing available anywhere else! And the fact that he opens his doors and his heart to all that need, is just amazing!
Patrick is also a steller young man who's always been there to help anyone in need. I'm always mezmerized just sitting around listening to some of their stories!
Quite the crew over there in Burlington!!!!!!!!! I wish I lived a little closer!!!!

THAT RICHARD SURE DOES HAVE THE EQUIPMENT! WHEN MY BUDDY LIVED DOWN THERE, RICHARD ALWAYS WAS QUOTED."JOHN..I HAVE A TOOL FOR THAT" TOO BAD PA IS SO FAR...IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS SINCE OUT LAST VISIT TO HIS TOY ROOM..
Yeah he seems to have a tool for just about everything..........

Bryan

Congrats Brian! You should have called me and I would have drove down to help!
Those guy's are nothing short of Amazing! Richard has a shop that every car guy would die for with every machine under the sun to accomplish any job...

Richard, Patrick, Mike, Eric S. , Gary and I built my engine and it's running fantastic!

BTW: Brian what did your crank balance at? here is a pic of mine....
View attachment 212060

Scot, I actually was going to call you just to BS...then distracted. I thought about giving you a call for lunch on the way back but figured I was only on 3.5 hrs of sleep and had to cover close to 900 miles that day.
I didnt get a picture of the final balance but it was in the 2 gram range. it was hard to keep working and taking pictures. Sorry I didnt call...would have been good to see you.

Bryan

That sounds like a vacation well spent. Glad to see you back up and running. Been a long time.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the meltdown?

Rick
The original meltdown in 2011 was caused by a Turbonetics billet boost controller that decided I was not running enough boost and adjusted itself...boost went to " all-in" .......
My 3 bar MAP sensor only reads 29.6 on my FAST, it was pegged !! I have no idea just how high the boost went. It was UGLY and violent ! Melted the head, block, a couple of pushrods, melted the electrode off of the spark plug and some of the ceramic. I got pretty damn hot. There was melted aluminum fused inside of the valve cover and on the roller rockers.
100% my fault for installing that piece of shit !! I had blown 2 of them apart before ( both replaced by Turbonetics) and was stupid enough to put another one on the car. After the meltdown I sent Turbonetics a nastygram...they offered to refund my purchase ....Nice huh.....

Bryan

It is just a manual boost controller with a knob made out of billet aluminum....giant POS

Bryan

Thanks for the info. I was going to use one on the next build b/c it looks a little nicer than the rjc one. RJC one def works just fine though. Were you running long lines to it or anything?

Glad to hear you got home safe and sound!!!!!

Wish I could have been there to help you guys!!!!

Richard and Patrick are absoultely AMAZING!!!!!

They have kept more GN's on the road then GM!!!!!

Hope to see you at Bowling Green.....a little birdie told me you want SOME!!!!;););)

COME AN GET IT!!!!!;););)