My engine build at Richard Clarks Turbo Regal Farm...picture heavy

It's all about fixing it right the first time.. I don't mind helping out as long as the other folks are will to learn and jump right in with me...... I enjoy these cursed turbo things and I know the shit that i went thru trying to learn and figure them out. So if i can help someone out and help save some frustrations at the end of the day its worth it.

I'm still learning myself... I try to learn something new everyday keep me motivated !

If you guys only knew the phone calls i get.......

Once again Patrick comes through....Went to Richards a week ago Friday to build the Tranny....had a front pump issue causing low pump pressures which caused a bad 2-3 flare. Met Patrick at his house, after a 12.5 hr drive, went to Richards and Patrick tore the tranny down , called it a night as it was late, stayed at Patricks place and hit it again in the am. It was determined that the pump had too much clearance, .0065". Pat , Richard and I went through about 50 pump rotors and slides and what seemed like 25 pump covers , mixing and matching them to find a combination that would give us the .001" to .002" clearance....Yes Richard has tools for that....LOL....Long story short, With Richard busy with an engine build Patrick basically built my transmission himself , ( I cant claim anything here....)
Patrick is a rock star....
Many thanks Brother !!!!

Bryan

Once again Patrick comes through....Went to Richards a week ago Friday to build the Tranny....had a front pump issue causing low pump pressures which caused a bad 2-3 flare. Met Patrick at his house, after a 12.5 hr drive, went to Richards and Patrick tore the tranny down , called it a night as it was late, stayed at Patricks place and hit it again in the am. It was determined that the pump had too much clearance, .0065". Pat , Richard and I went through about 50 pump rotors and slides and what seemed like 25 pump covers , mixing and matching them to find a combination that would give us the .001" to .002" clearance....Yes Richard has tools for that....LOL....Long story short, With Richard busy with an engine build Patrick basically built my transmission himself , ( I cant claim anything here....)
Patrick is a rock star....
Many thanks Brother !!!!

Bryan

I'm no Rockstar........Hell i can't even hold a tune in the shower..........

It was one hell of a weekend that was fo sho.......

Your more than welcome

Hey B, you going to Gateway anytime soon or Benton for a Lil t&t.?
Hey Ronnie. ..
I am going to keep an eye out for something at Gateway like the arm drop drags where tech check is a little more relaxed ...tranny is going in this weekend and hopefully the new turbo makes it here. I have a CO2 bottle that needs to be plumbed in too. Got to step up my game for Bowling Green
I will let you know if am am heading there

B

Precision 6766 BB with a ported S cover, .85 AR
Shooting for low 6s @ 112 or so :)
Nice. Should be a walk in the park.....lol just a heads up Benton put a bunch o money in the track and will be back open supposedly Memorial day. ....But on a t&t day you can usually get all you want.

Nice. Should be a walk in the park.....lol just a heads up Benton put a bunch o money in the track and will be back open supposedly Memorial day. ....But on a t&t day you can usually get all you want.
A little bit of a drive but that's great news

B

Wow great reading here thanks for everyone who posted!!!
I'm in the middle of turning my 26K original mile 87 GN into a Pro Touring/Auto Cross car.... It has T Tops so I could not turn into a 1/4 mile car and I'm OK with that.... I think auto cross is going to be more fun and i can get my 2 youngest sons involved more with that.
Scot, from www.GNSPOWERSPORTS.com has helped a ton so far....
Waiting on my Forgeline wheels to be delivered here early next week....
My RideTech "Tru Turn" Level II Coil Over suspension has been installed and my Baer Big Brake kits are installed front and rear also... 4 way disks now.
Waiting on the wheels to be delivered so i can set ride height and begin to dial in suspension and brakes...
I have to dial in my proportioning valve to make sure front and rear brakes are operating optimally...
After all that is done i wanted to get into the motor and upgrade that... I'm thinking the same thing... 500-550 RWH should suffice...
Been trying to figure out who i should have build the motor.... Was hoping to find someone in the Michigan area where I'm from....
Think i answered that question!!! I hope!!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.....