My hybrid wagon ...... Not your typical grocery getter

The g@tt

I see alot of nice hybrids on this site and thought I would share mine. When the wife ask me to go to the grocery store for her.... without any hesitation anytime day or nite I enjoy going out for a run. :biggrin:

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0338SUOERSMARTBOV.jpg

DSCF0221V6.jpg

DSCF0216V6.jpg

DSCF0115new.jpg

DSCF0036new.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Was that the Volvo Paul Newman had built? I had seen his Volvo on Ebay about 9 months ago sell.

Was that the Volvo Paul Newman had built? I had seen his Volvo on Ebay about 9 months ago sell.

yup! This is the one that Paul and his crew built in 1988 ..... it's going back to the original shop that helped put this wagon together in 1988 ...... HESCO out of Birmingham AL.

Very cool. Question, what does the braided line from the air filter do?

Very cool. Question, what does the braided line from the air filter do?

It's an HKS recircular BOV ...... vents back to the intake. Right now it's plugged up because the unit itself is faulty. I'm having a problem finding the same exact unit, they no longer make them. At this time I'm trying out a Turbo Smart Sleeper Series BOV that vents into the atmosphere.....very very loud between shifts. The problem with that is I can't really drive it anymore without being noticed. Of course it's hard to find someone willing to PLAY but maybe it's a good thing .. hate to see more points added to my driving record. LOL The wagon is backed up with a Camero/Firebird 5 speed manual that's holding up pretty well but the hardest thing is pulling off the line but once it get's going she's pure evil. hehe

I remember that car when HESCO did it. They first did a BMW 320i. The car was SCARY fast. Road and Track came to Birmingham and tested the car. They went to Talladega and got it up to 160 mph and got SCARED... They still had a 1/4 throttle left:eek: They are crazy when it comes to hybrids.

There is another thread going on that poo poos a manual with a turbo Buick engine. Guess it depends on how it done.;)

What is with all the volvo wagons with GN drivetrains? Do they simply bolt in or are people going for the look?
This is like the 3rd or 4th I' ve seen in about 3 months on the internet.
Josh

What is with all the volvo wagons with GN drivetrains? Do they simply bolt in or are people going for the look?
This is like the 3rd or 4th I' ve seen in about 3 months on the internet.
Josh

3 or 4? I would luv to get hold of those folks that has done the conversion. I didn't realize there were that many. I know one other that has a Volvo but it's an older style 240 and he's out somewhere in Washington ST. I also know 2 in my area but they have Vette motors.

I know of 1 that was a burgandy color and I can't remember the others I think 1 might have been a grey green metallic color. You mentioned people swapping vette motors into them, are people just looking for sleepers? Are they super lightweight?
Josh

I see alot of nice hybrids on this site and thought I would share mine. When the wife ask me to go to the grocery store for her.... without any hesitation anytime day or nite I enjoy going out for a run. :biggrin:

That is too cool!:cool:

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0338SUOERSMARTBOV.jpg

DSCF0221V6.jpg

DSCF0216V6.jpg

DSCF0115new.jpg

[

That is too cool!:cool: