My GN's Stage 2 Conversion Is Finally Done And Home ...Take A Look!

Epitome

Staff member
After many years of gathering parts and getting ready, my low mileage 1987 GN's Stage 2 conversion is DONE. Jack Cotton did all the work and let me tell you, it is top notch. Lots of custom fabrication that looks like it could be factory, even the heater/AC box delete is meticulous. I even had him custom make a 4" downpipe and single 4" exhaust that exit's out behind the passenger side tire. It is so bad ass the pictures won't do it justice. I am very happy with the fairness of his approach, depth of knowledge and eagerness to help at every turn. I hope all of you that can will take a peek at my car at one of the events next year. The car should be capable of mid-lower 9s and run in the 10s on 12-15lbs of boost.......we'll see. All I can is WOW! Thanks Jack :)

www.EpitomeExclusives.com/epitomebuicks.htm

You guys like the "custom" bungy cord holing up the transmission dipstick? I took the pics before it was screwed to the firewall lol

What is it?

In picture 5, what is attached to the downpipe just below the 02 sensor?

If the trans is a 2004R what trans pan are you using?

Hope you find the nines.

Thanks
HOW

I can see your frame is notched. What rim size/offset do you have and how much room between the tire's sidwall and frame?

Well I'm sure it is 9s capable pretty easily. The same combo in a car about 300 lbs lighter ran a bunch of 9.0s and 9.1s last year. My goal is to be on race gas tuned for right around 10.0 and not break easily, which is why i built this combo. The transmission is a full race built ATI Turbo 400. The frame notch is another great job Cotton did to my car...along with the stealth roll bar last fall. I run a 325/50/15 DR on the street on a 10" rim with 5.5" back space and no spacer. The tires are completely under the car, nothing sticks out as you can see. Nothing rubs with low pressure or in turns. I run a 28.5" tall slick at the track that is just a shade less wide than the 325s and with 10lbs of pressure in it the sidewalls never run anything.

oops....nothing is attached to the downpipe below the O2 sensor....I think you are seeing the gray plug for it.

Hey Ted,

We have to give credit where credit is due. Thank my son, Brian, you know he is the craftsman that does most, if not all of the work. At 21 years old, I am truely amazed at the expertise, and the quality of his work. His ability surpases his age....... he reminds me of a combination of Paulie and Vinnie on Orange County Choppers. I won't say whose part I play........ ;)

Yes, GT42 turbo....When you see it in person you'll see how perfect Brian got the turbo to sit in the stock location and orientation. Everything clears nicely....I'm sure that took some time and focus to get right :)

Cool i am going with a similiar turbo and need to redo my mounting flange,Just need the motor first,so in a few months its being built shortly

Car is very sweet iknow you are proud of it!! Its not been long since I finished mine.. me an my bud built a single 4" too.. But due to availiable time we just ran it under the rear. Kinda looks trashy so I am gonna go over even though it is tight as fat lady in a go cart i am goona try. do you have any pics of where yours goes right over the top of the rear.?? Also what type muffler did you go with?? Looks like a Ultraflow!! I went with a Dnomax Race Magnum an took a 130 mile round trip today in it an needless to say I stopped for tylenol... Im goona tra one of those Mesh Cone Inserts from Jegs before i change the muffler.. How does yours sound? Mine is nasty an loud :eek: as a bean buffet in a library.. :frown: