My GN "X Tribute" Progress Thread...

Just caught this thread............... nice car sir. I love watching a plan come together!:D

While she isn't done yet, here are some pics of the car actually cleaned up a little bit and in a "close to complete" state. :cool:

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Thats looks beautiful. How did you tint the lenses? I like the KB airdam. Do the front fillers touch the airdam? I have to reinstall mine and when I was test fitting it had a little gap there.

Thats looks beautiful. How did you tint the lenses? I like the KB airdam. Do the front fillers touch the airdam? I have to reinstall mine and when I was test fitting it had a little gap there.
Thanks DD! :cool:

As far as the lenses go, I am not sure what the material mixture is. But it's applied with a paint gun. I am thinking it's a black-tinted clear.

The KB airdam fits well. Here are a couple of close-up pics. There is a bit of a gap on the front. But it fits pretty snug on the side against the fillers
IMG_0898Cropped.jpg

IMG_0901Cropped.jpg

I only mention this because you are clearly a perfectionist (and well done, sir!!!)

But the hood on the drivers side looks like it's not mating the header right, and the passenger side headlight molding is sagging

Damn you move FAST!!!!

I only mention this because you are clearly a perfectionist (and well done, sir!!!)

But the hood on the drivers side looks like it's not mating the header right, and the passenger side headlight molding is sagging

Damn you move FAST!!!!
Thank ya! :cool:

And good eye on both counts. I will have the hood adjusted. I, too, noticed that it was off a bit. And as soon as they are ready, a pair of new headlight bezels will head my way and get bolted up. :)

Lookin Good Bro
Many thanks, turbot!:D

Looks awesome! I can only imagine how sick it'd look with the wheels pushed out a little to fill in those flares :)

Im not usually one to like GN "X clones" but I think you did it right on this one................... and dont worry, the passenger side headlight bezel on my 86 *winks* too, LOL:D

Looks awesome! I can only imagine how sick it'd look with the wheels pushed out a little to fill in those flares :)
Thanks! I am thinking the wheels I have coming will stick out a tad further than the X wheels that are on it now. Should fill out to the flares pretty well. Hopefully I will know for sure at the end of next week. :D

Im not usually one to like GN "X clones" but I think you did it right on this one................... and dont worry, the passenger side headlight bezel on my 86 *winks* too, LOL:D
Thank you! :)

Yea, I figure a little wink isn't too bad. ;)

Looks killer, Barron!:cool:
Thanks Ron! :D

I picked the car up from the stereo shop yesterday. It's back out at Mike's. The wheels should be here tomorrow and everything should be fully back together then. The only thing left will be fixing the window tint.

You gonna be in town this weekend?