My GN "X Tribute" Progress Thread...

What shifter is that? Not the handle, the shifter itself? Nice
Thanks! :) It's a B&M QuickSliver Console Shifter. It came from SummitRacing.com.

Here's a shot of it with the regular QuickSilver handle on it.
IMG_0630.jpg

That's what I figured. Looks great especially with Mark's handle on there. I may have to do this :)
Did you have any trimming to do in the console for the clean install?

That's what I figured. Looks great especially with Mark's handle on there. I may have to do this :)
Did you have any trimming to do in the console for the clean install?
Thanks!

The console was forward just a bit to make everything fit right. And the black shifter slide had to be trimmed a bit to allow for the larger B&M rod. But other than that, the install wasn't too bad.

What brand guages, and how did u get the "6" on them?

I saw that before and thought the same thing. He mentions it in the first post. It is a site called "Speedhut" at Gauges, Custom Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, Shift Light, Pod. Be careful when you check it out, you can spend money there fast!!:D

Yep. Speedhut.com. And yea, they are a touch pricey. :eek: But from all indications, they are good-quality and the fact you can do custom artwork is pretty cool. :cool:

what clear coat is that?thats wat we call wet....here in so ca.;) looks real good.

Thanks! :cool:

As far as I know, it's DuPont base & clear. I'll verify that tomorrow. All I know is I was getting a buzz taking the pics. They were taken a couple of hours after he sprayed the clear. :eek:

paint job

Thanks! :cool:

As far as I know, it's DuPont base & clear. I'll verify that tomorrow. All I know is I was getting a buzz taking the pics. They were taken a couple of hours after he sprayed the clear. :eek:

+1 on that paint job;) must be that good old CHROMACLEAR!/or NASON 3 coats and your finished

+1 on that paint job;) must be that good old CHROMACLEAR!/or NASON 3 coats and your finished
Three coats of Chromaclear it is.

Tonight when I went by he was wetsanding. Hitting it with 1,000 first, then 2,000 and lastly 4,000. The it will get hit with the buffer. Should look like a sheet of wet glass when he's done. :cool:

Looks like it's coming along very nice Barron! Can't wait to see it in person. Are you going to BG this year?

Scot W.

The GNX Gauge Housing came in today. Here's a shot of it mocked up with the SpeedHut gauges in.
IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

And the floor console gauge pod...
IMG_0848.jpg