My GN was stolen last night (orlando fl)

ll3lue

my 87 is gone...i live in lake mary florida, i filled out a police report and now i dont know what to do...this is horrible :(

Sorry to hear.
Did you post the info in this section?
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

What kids of security devices did you have installed?
Maybe god to know for the community what the thieves have figured out.
You need 5 minutes alone with a baseball bat in a room with the thief!

Hope it gets recoverd.

That sucks! What were the circumstances? Where was the car when it was stolen? Any items that might help identify the car if it was seen on the street? Wheels, window tint, stickers on the windows, etc.

Bummer!

That is one of the worst personal violations a thief can commit on a car guy.

Tell us the details as soon as you find the time and focus....

lee

...i woke up this morning to go to work and some low life stole it from in front of my own house...i need everyone to keep an eye out for it...the trunk was sanded down and not painted so it was a matte black, the hood paint was checked (cracking clearcoat) and the passenger side headlights and one of hte drivers side had moisture in them (so they look a lil darker than the other)...the rear taillight said 'turbo' when you hit the brake, the right turn signal was messed up so when they make a right turn signal it will look like the 4 ways came on, the drivers door had some dents in it, the passenger side turn signal was out, it had the power 6 logo front plate

<<this really sucks because i'm 19 years old and this was my only car>>

when i get home i'll grab the vin an plate number

has a autometer 5" sport comp tach and a autometer 30PSI boost gauge and a autometer a/f ratio gauge as well

Register the car on the GNRegistry.com (use the VIN). Maybe it can be tracked if the # pops up agian.

Police report is good to have but it's not a priority with them. My 86 T-Type was stolen in Fort Meyers, FL back in 94-94 (?), and the police did not express much interest in recovering the vehicle.

However, they did find a different stolen car that was involved in possible "foul play" in a deserted field in another state in something like 2 days!!! :mad:

You might see if there is a auto theft task force that works with the police or is part of the same department. Maybe try and disseminate pics and vin info, etc, to the local Sheriffs dept. and the FHP as well...

The car, as explained to me, is not worth much parted out as it is a simple buick regal. I was told that these cars are, of course, worth more in complete condition and that Florida cars usually end up in the Miami shipyards headed out to South America...

I never got mine back either (Total Loss.....)

My current GN doesn't leave my sight. Even the garage is armed... :biggrin:

Good luck in your recovery efforts. I really hope you catch the thief.

turbo39151 said:
Register the car on the GNRegistry.com (use the VIN). Maybe it can be tracked if the # pops up agian.

You might see if there is a auto theft task force that works with the police or is part of the same department. Maybe try and disseminate pics and vin info, etc, to the local Sheriffs dept. and the FHP as well...

The car, as explained to me, is not worth much parted out as it is a simple buick regal. I was told that these cars are, of course, worth more in complete condition and that Florida cars usually end up in the Miami shipyards headed out to South America...

it's already in the GN registry w/ a pic..and i do have an auto task force and they are gonna be callin me monday, and hopefully they dont try to part it out like you were saying...and im sorry about the total loss, that means you know what im going through right now :(

What's your GNRegistry #? I live in S. Fla & I can keep an eye out also. My 1st Gn was stolen back in 96 so I also know how you feel.

Blaze said:
What's your GNRegistry #? I live in S. Fla & I can keep an eye out also. My 1st Gn was stolen back in 96 so I also know how you feel.
BGN01057B is my gn registry number

I think Its terrible that your car was stolen, whoever did it sholud be beat within an inch or their life on a daily basis, I have no tolerance for liars or theifs, but my main question is does nobody like me on this board? i've done mulitiple posts, w/o views or replies, Have I done or said something wrong, am I being An A#@hole, or is it everybody else. Am I perceicved as an idiot Hick that doesn't post questions worth answering. we're all in this together, why do I feel so left out. Now maybe I'll get a reply!!!!

blown okie said:
I think Its terrible that your car was stolen, whoever did it sholud be beat within an inch or their life on a daily basis, I have no tolerance for liars or theifs, but my main question is does nobody like me on this board? i've done mulitiple posts, w/o views or replies, Have I done or said something wrong, am I being An A#@hole, or is it everybody else. Am I perceicved as an idiot Hick that doesn't post questions worth answering. we're all in this together, why do I feel so left out. Now maybe I'll get a reply!!!!

thanks for understandin about the stolen GN, but what makes you think no one likes you here?? :confused:

ripped off

Hi,
Sorry about your loss, hope it is not permanent, and the damage is not severe when it is found.I think most of the websites have stolen car listing places. Although it is not likely to end up in Houston, will keep an eye open for it.
These farging thieves really rack me off. I feel like, get a job and make a life, don't go messing with someone elses. Bottom feeders, for sure.
I try to use the club, which slows down the amatuers, and I have disabling capability through my ultrachip, but that won't stop the determined A holes. A wrecker is used often. A collar for the column is also a good idea. Cut the wheel, apply the emergency brake too, when it is parked. Make it as difficult as possible for the pricks.
Good luck, hope you get the car back in one piece.

I Never get a darn post, and you guys are like my only source of info, nobody in this town knows anything about these cars or that they hardly exist, the closest i've come is people in tulsa, Ok. but they seem reluctant to tell me anything, or are just outright arrogant toward me like either they think they're better than me or don't want to tell me something for fear my car may end up being faster that thiers, Hell i dont know what they think. This is my first turbo car and i've bitten off a big piece to chew doing my conversion and although i understand a great about the mechanics of the cars, especially since i'm an automotive machinists by trade ( just ask me a about FE fords in early mustangs) & NHRA stock & super stock drag racing racing engines, my passion is w/ engines not neccesarily w/ the cars they go in and all of the tricks of the trade details that go w/ one car to the next I dont claim to know when it comes to these cars, and that what i thought this site could help me w/ some, but i/ve had few results. I can become plenty creative making something that will work, but nobody will ever reply w/ what worked for them, it seems like. I apolozie for for invading on your post b/c your problem is by far more serious than mine and i dont want to sound like a whiner either, but i figured since people were so responsive to your post maybe if I typed something along the lines of what I typed maybe i would get a reply.

blown okie said:
I Never get a darn post, and you guys are like my only source of info, nobody in this town knows anything about these cars or that they hardly exist, the closest i've come is people in tulsa, Ok. but they seem reluctant to tell me anything, or are just outright arrogant toward me like either they think they're better than me or don't want to tell me something for fear my car may end up being faster that thiers, Hell i dont know what they think. This is my first turbo car and i've bitten off a big piece to chew doing my conversion and although i understand a great about the mechanics of the cars, especially since i'm an automotive machinists by trade ( just ask me a about FE fords in early mustangs) & NHRA stock & super stock drag racing racing engines, my passion is w/ engines not neccesarily w/ the cars they go in and all of the tricks of the trade details that go w/ one car to the next I dont claim to know when it comes to these cars, and that what i thought this site could help me w/ some, but i/ve had few results. I can become plenty creative making something that will work, but nobody will ever reply w/ what worked for them, it seems like. I apolozie for for invading on your post b/c your problem is by far more serious than mine and i dont want to sound like a whiner either, but i figured since people were so responsive to your post maybe if I typed something along the lines of what I typed maybe i would get a reply.

Dude,
With all due respect and without trying to offend ............
Take a chill pill, sit down, relax, post in the hot air section, have a beer and don't hijack this thread. :biggrin: Looks like you had some responses to your posts. :smile:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169831
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159884
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154465

You got PM

Sorry Man

Hey man, sorry bout your loss that really sucks. :mad: Mine almost got stolen a while ago, :mad: if you get it back some easy and cheap helpful ways to stop your car from getting stolen are these:

Set a switch up somwhere in the glovebox, ashtray, etc. to turn on and off your fuel pump, but don't mark it. Second of all set up a switch to act as an interuppter between your computer so it shuts down your computer. You could get a column lock, and if you wanted spend the money on an actual alarm, but in my perspective they could find the disable wires and disable it, but if you ahve various switches running the main compnets to get the car started hidden in various places in your car and you ahve to turn them all on in order for the car to run, it may be well worth it.

That's what saved my baby from a horrible theft..... :cool:

just my $.02

t3intercooled said:
Hey man, sorry bout your loss that really sucks. :mad: Mine almost got stolen a while ago, :mad: if you get it back some easy and cheap helpful ways to stop your car from getting stolen are these:

Set a switch up somwhere in the glovebox, ashtray, etc. to turn on and off your fuel pump, but don't mark it. Second of all set up a switch to act as an interuppter between your computer so it shuts down your computer. You could get a column lock, and if you wanted spend the money on an actual alarm, but in my perspective they could find the disable wires and disable it, but if you ahve various switches running the main compnets to get the car started hidden in various places in your car and you ahve to turn them all on in order for the car to run, it may be well worth it.

That's what saved my baby from a horrible theft..... :cool:

just my $.02

thanks for the tips and support..if i get my GN back or when i get another one its gonna be nick named fort knox lol

god i hate these scumbags! i hope if the car gets crashed or something the people in it die with it :mad:

btdt. my advise is to just ride the insurance companys a$$ like stink on ****. call non stop each day and do your homework on the value of the car. of course dont settle if you dont like the value they submit to you. look on the nada blue book and show them that. do you have pics? if not it could be better if you know what i mean :wink: