My GN in a Magazine

Dave H

So about 2 months ago some guys from a Brittish car magazine call our shop to find out if we had any cars they can do a story on while they are here in the States. They were here doing a story on the Monster Truck show. I tell them about the GN, and they were all over it. We met up for a photo shoot, and then took them to the airport for their flight back to the UK.

They just sent me a few copies of the magazine with my GN in it, and I thought I'd share...

http://www.tweakedbydave.com/FCR278.wild.pdf

The name of the magazine is "Fast Car", and apparently it's one of the bigger car magazines over there. They took some creative liberties with some of the numbers in the article, since I haven't ran the car on a dyno yet.

Great article. I got my car in a Dutch magazine when I had it overseas with me a few years back.

Rob

Nothing like seeing your own vehicle in a car magazine. Really nice feature and it is funny how the Brits can get away with the foul language. :smile: Congrats.:D My proudest moment in the car hobby was when my Chevelle was in HOT ROD back in the early 90's. Two page color spread shot by the late great Gray Baskerville. Was in the same issue as Troy Trepaniers pro street 50 Buick.

Thanks guys, it was pretty cool.

Tommyguns - We will be at a car show at Costco this sunday. We will have a booth setup and plan on bringing a variety of cars, my Buick, our 600 horsepower 4 banger Civic (which was also in a magazine), and our drift car.

I begged them to ship me an issue and they did! He shipped me a few of them actually. There must be something wrong with me I must have every and any mag a GN is shown in! :D I like the mags from over there they are nice and big. He sent me some stickers to put on my car to take a pic and send it back to them. Maybe you'll see a shot of mine in the next issue! :cool:

Interesting to read that the guy has wanted to see one in the flesh since he was six - there are a few of us over here in the UK with GN's, even one GNX that frequent the drag strips and car shows. He must be looking in the wrong places.

Great article though, it's ALWAYS good to see a turbo Buick in an English mag. The mag is usually geared toward the hot hatch and ricer bregade so I'm not supprised about the potty mouth bits, caters to a young crowd. (can't see any need for it personally) There are a few mags over here dedicated to American cars and have even featured a couple of our GN's in the past.

The new fast and furious film has definatly brought these cars to a whole new audience though. Might just spoil our fun at the strip - no one really paid any attention to them before, just another oversized, overweight yank tank. They soon wake up though.

Any way, congrats on the coverage. Cool to see your car.

Ian Reeves, UK.