My first seven second run

Valve train durability would be comprimised and it depends on the user for there preference for exceptable limits. I know most of the really fast cars are running TK lobes and making them work.

Allan G.
Just to add to the above, it also depends on how much one is willing to deveope a combination and make it work. I am using the same lobe family as Vizman and can see first hand the strengths and weeknesses of this type of lobe. It is definetly not ideal for maximum power but is a really good comprimise for long term durability.

Allan G>

I see you understand the valvetrain durability concern.
With the cam you are using now, I would be really interested to see what a larger turbo, and maybe, hopefully less exhaust backpressure might do for you.
What exhaust housing are you using now, and what exhaust housing would the 98mm be using? T4, T6?

I'm using T6 and it definitely can't be less as I'm struggling with BP already now. exhaust housing is 1.38 and turbine wheel is 102mm.

Why not change the gear?? It will put your engine combo back into a better usable RPM band for the engine combo your running. You are running most of the track up against backpressure that is not benefical. Lower your RPM and get better use of your USABLE HP. It will work. Mike

vlzman said:
I'm using T6 and it definitely can't be less as I'm struggling with BP already now. exhaust housing is 1.38 and turbine wheel is 102mm.
Chances are your compressor and cover are requiring a lot of energy as you try to increase the pressure ratio. Running a large a/r drops backpressure a little but is reducing the energy. Changing the turbo will net the most here. You can increase the pressure ratio till it stops making power. Lots of options out there. You could run a different style 88 and pick up huge.

Is the 102mm the large or small diameter of the wheel?
Do you know what your exhaust backpressure to intake boost pressure ratio is at max boost?

Is the 102mm the large or small diameter of the wheel?
Do you know what your exhaust backpressure to intake boost pressure ratio is at max boost?

I haven't logged my EBP but I'm sure that it's definitely too much. As for changing gears or turbo then as I'm planning to take one year off racing then next year I probably can play with different modifications and changes. Will see then which mod brings most benefits :)

Pretty sure I dont know much at all. But looking at my Moroso speed calculator , looks like your averaging about 1050HP to run the 7.67 ET. Ok question is are you sure the timing equipent numbers are fairly accurate?? Did you make a full 1/4 mile wide open pull??? What was your converter slippage at the top of 1st gear and at the finish line?? I will make my final post on this after I hear the answers. Thanks Mike

Pretty sure I dont know much at all. But looking at my Moroso speed calculator , looks like your averaging about 1050HP to run the 7.67 ET. Ok question is are you sure the timing equipent numbers are fairly accurate?? Did you make a full 1/4 mile wide open pull??? What was your converter slippage at the top of 1st gear and at the finish line?? I will make my final post on this after I hear the answers. Thanks Mike

I'm very sure that timing equipment was acurate. I had to lift about 50m before traps as it just had started raining and it got slippery. I launched with 20psi of boost and ramped up to 23psi. Unfortunately I don't know about converter slippage.

Ok that explains why the MPH was off a bit. Thanks for sharing your video and info!!! Best of luck to you whenever you get it back out. Mike

Ok that explains why the MPH was off a bit. Thanks for sharing your video and info!!! Best of luck to you whenever you get it back out. Mike
Thanks Mike, still any good advice is welcome always so don't hold back if you see anything that seems a bit off :)

As I blew up my timing chain this weekend then I'm in a very urgent need of a full set of a titanium valves (IN 2.08x11/32x5.54 and EX 1.65x11/32/5.54). If anybody has them laying around then help would be appreciated as next race is next weekend already :confused:
thanks
Veljo

As I blew up my timing chain this weekend then I'm in a very urgent need of a full set of a titanium valves (IN 2.08x11/32x5.54 and EX 1.65x11/32/5.54). If anybody has them laying around then help would be appreciated as next race is next weekend already :confused:
thanks
Veljo
I have a set of used intakes matching your dimensions. The tip height is about .350 (from top of hardened tip to top groove)
Allan G.

thanks Veljo

I have a real nice set 2.100 x 5.545" & 1.625 x 5.545" valves. The .020 in head diameter and .005 in length isnt going to hurt anything!! Let me know if I can help. Mike

I have a real nice set 2.100 x 5.545" & 1.625 x 5.545" valves. The .020 in head diameter and .005 in length isnt going to hurt anything!! Let me know if I can help. Mike
Thanks Mike, luckily I was able to make a special quick order to REV valves, they should arrive next Tuesday. Still thanks everybody for an effort.

Got new personal best this weekend. Unfortunately race was rained out and all we got was two runs. Freshly rebuilt motor worked like a charm and our second run ended with new record 7.58@171.50 mph. Topspeed is so low because as I broke the battery ON/OFF switch with my wheeliebars while launching then just before traps I lost all battery power and car died. Boost was only 19 psi at launch and then ramped up to 26 psi. I turned up the boost to 32 psi but then came the rain :(
Still looking for the 7.4 territory......

2542218.jpg

Good job! That car is getting" it!! Don't forget to update your signature. :D

Neal

Nice pass:)
I have to put my car away for the rest of the summer but if you run quiker than 7.55 i might have to break it out again LOL
Congrads

Problem is that I have no more races planned this year and car is for sale. If I get it sold then you can easily put your car away if I don't get it sold then maybe I have to drag it out again to showcase it for potential buyers. I hope that it takes only one run to go quicker than 7.55 ;).