My first seven second run

vlzman

Hi, posted it on video library already, but thought that it doesn't hurt to do it here too :)
My first 7 second run, hopefully will get some better ones next year as this years season is over...

Nice job.. Id also like to see more detailed picture of the build..

Car is tube chassis big tyre 7.5 sec certified chassis. Motor is stage II Anderson built TSO engine: 153 block, Bryant billet crank, ross pistons, 9.5 cr, carillo rods, edelbrock tunnel ram intake, stage II heads, rev kit, comp cams cam, Moran 500 lbs injectors, Magnafuel MP4703 fuel pumps, Weaver dry sump, ECU is Autronic SM4, turbo is 88mm custom made hybrid Garrett/Holset.
Tranny is PG with 10.5" PTC converter (thumbs up to Dusty :))
Full raceweight is 2270lbs.
Rear gears 4.55. I run 27 psi of boost which drops in the end to 23 lbs (I'm out of turbo AGAIN). Cam has way too much overlap and as I run redline @ 8700 rpm then motor just eats everything you throw at him :)

Car is tube chassis big tyre 7.5 sec certified chassis. Motor is stage II Anderson built TSO engine: 153 block, Bryant billet crank, ross pistons, 9.5 cr, carillo rods, edelbrock tunnel ram intake, stage II heads, rev kit, comp cams cam, Moran 500 lbs injectors, Magnafuel MP4703 fuel pumps, Weaver dry sump, ECU is Autronic SM4, turbo is 88mm custom made hybrid Garrett/Holset.
Tranny is PG with 10.5" PTC converter (thumbs up to Dusty :))
Full raceweight is 2270lbs.
Rear gears 4.55. I run 27 psi of boost which drops in the end to 23 lbs (I'm out of turbo AGAIN). Cam has way too much overlap and as I run redline @ 8700 rpm then motor just eats everything you throw at him :)

Awsome,
Would really like to know more about the turbo. Sounds like a very interesting combo.

Allan G.

Awsome,
Would really like to know more about the turbo. Sounds like a very interesting combo.

Allan G.

Turbo is custom made in Finland (LDS Turbo). He used Garrett hot side (a.r. 1.39) and Holset compressor side (87,5mm).

Awesome video, congratulations for you new record.
I hope you will come racing to Finland next season.

Made in Finland, sounds good.
There is lot of shops making custom turbos here.

Maybe you should think about putting say a 3.90 gear in it. It should go faster , and if you change turbos and it helps your going to run out of gear anyway. I use a 3.82 in my dragster , and Rocks twin turbo car we run around a 3.70 gear. Love your car , keep it going!!!! Mike

What size of tire is on the car?

Tire is 33x16x15, right now I have a little bit to go before I run out of gears. I go through the traps at about 8000 rpm and my redline is 8700. I would go a lot faster if I just changed my cam. Little bit less overlap and it should pick up quite a lot of speed, spool would be considerably worse though....

Are you saying you need to go to a smaller cam?