My engine building combo?

calais1965

Here is my project 87 Turbo-T for strip.
These are parts i have bought.
Engine are in machine shop, body are allmost ready.
I have no idea for hp rating? But i hope these parts will take me to high nines...
109 Block + steel mains
GN1 Aluminium heads + scorpion rockers
212/212 Comp roller cam kit
CAT steel crankshaft
K1 connecting rods
Je-pistons
70 mm throttle body
Holset turbocharger (1100 cfm)
stainless steel headers
sfi balancer+flexplate

1000 cc injectors for racing fuel/ 1600cc for e85
2xaeromotive A1000 pump+ an12 lines+ controller kit
Alky control
Maftranslator pro
Scanmaster
90mm maf
type 2 ignition

Meziere waterpump+aluminium radiator
no ac, manual steering box

th200 r4 with transbrake
3500 stall non lockup
transmission shield

aluminium drums, c-clip eliminators, ta-cover, steel shafts.
Wolfes sway bar, ssm lower control arms+ strange shocks

tubular a-arms+ wilwood brakes

fiberglas hood+bumpers, jazz tank, no interior, rollgage

It all looks good on paper for a low 10 sec combo, It'll all be in the tune and if the combo works well with everything else ie converter, chassis, tune. Also E85 and Alky... Is there a reason your doing both?

It all looks good on paper for a low 10 sec combo, It'll all be in the tune and if the combo works well with everything else ie converter, chassis, tune. Also E85 and Alky... Is there a reason your doing both?

I will try two differend combos 95 lbs+alky & 160 lbs with e85 (not using e85+alky)

You are using similar combo...

How high is the compression ratio going to be? Off the shelf cam? Intended boost level?

Well it does sound like its going to be an easy 550 rwhp on E-85. What kind of converter is it? I have learned that they can make or break the combo. Have you ran that converter before on a previous TB combo?

Agreed talk to Dusty about the converter. Spinning a Holset turbo could give you some problems.

Bison is a good source of info on turbos here too.

For what you are trying to accomplish, I would recommend using a FAST XFI unit. You will have a lot of tuning to do.

Allmost ready...
MJOTOR.JPG

Nice looking engine! Your build seems solid for your goals. I agree with PTC 9.5 NLU converter. How are you tuning the car? Fast XFI or chip?