My engine bay detailing!

i wish I had the ambition to do this...the inner fender well look AWESOME !!!

Bryan

Thanks guys i apreciate the positive feedback
To answer a question i washed my inner fenders with hot water and tsp then wiped them down with acetone then i bought some duplicolor bumber paint and spraid 2 light layers of paint with the can 15-20 inches away from the inner fender that creates a mist of paint wich in its turn creates the perfec paint pattern for the inner fenders!
0028e995ddcd33f925f75a0df1f57ccd.jpg

This is what i use to paint the inner fenders!
27375e386f6bb81428f3701578386106.jpg

This is what i used to clean them!

The alternator and coilpak mounting brackets are a ground path, you will need to remove the powder coat where the bolts go or you may have running issues.

Bryan

The alternator and coilpak mounting brackets are a ground path, you will need to remove the powder coat where the bolts go or you may have running issues.

Bryan
Thanks for the tip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys and gals i just got a new mint condition gn a week ago and i decided to freshen up the engine bay cause it had seen better days so i started by taking out the driver side inner fender washed it and repainted the inner fender looks brand new like factory here is a before and after picture!
42a3ef51f8cce699ddd8f949b97a3b03.jpg

Before
c448abda0860b7dba18a381f3179ba60.jpg

After

Then i took sll my brakets and my intake and got them powder coated
Here they are finished!
107d88573f98d9fb1f694f41b0d0bd78.jpg

a7c568bc4a8df4ec3bb7f4677d6fc1a2.jpg

47bc2d60fd3e81df20b0900c65b4322a.jpg

Then i painted the fender the inside of it semi gloss black and a pprtion of the visible frame and reasembled the plastic inner fender with all the bracket that go on the inner fender and relay and cruise!
602a5c9a9eff1040c1e5aab61ebc41af.jpg

639e6d3a0c6f21019e00ae7eabec372b.jpg

What kind of paint was used? Looks mint!

Duplicolor trim & bumper paint its the perfect color for the inner fender!

Bryan

I had mine powder coated and I added ground wire/straps to both. Added them in a way that they are hidden. Did not want to scrap off the freshly coated parts

So how in the hell do you get the inner fenders out?
You have to take the wheel out cause you have to take the inner fender out from the wheel opening theres bolts all around the inner fender and 2 of them under the wiper motor that are a bitch to take out and put back! Then in the wheel opening theres a couple more bolts then you just pull it out!

Well lost my mind i am pulling the motor and tranny to detail de frame and motor lolol here are some pics!

0c6a54f8f9ed7d71554fb7f9e080b43b.jpg

6c1a4fe55d2210f6f25869c7a5aa0a95.jpg

73d71063c24e5e2e822d6119538f9427.jpg
Yep, that's the only way to do it right. Otherwise all you have is a bunch of shinny stuff on the top and all kinds of grease and grime in between. It gives you a chance to inspect everything for leaks broken hoses, kinks, rotted wires and grounds. It also gets a beginner (don't know if you are) intimately acquainted with his motor.

Yep, that's the only way to do it right. Otherwise all you have is a bunch of shinny stuff on the top and all kinds of grease and grime in between. It gives you a chance to inspect everything for leaks broken hoses, kinks, rotted wires and grounds. It also gets a beginner (don't know if you are) intimately acquainted with his motor.
Well your right about that i am not a biginner but not an expert as well but i learn a lot from this forum from guys and gurus in my part of town like jbracing or freddy from black magic racing these two guys helped me out a lot and i apreciate everything they touhgt me!

While taking it apart found some skinned wires and broken vacums and like every freaking buick a leaky rear main seal!!!!

So i while be fixing all of these!

Well your right about that i am not a biginner but not an expert as well but i learn a lot from this forum from guys and gurus in my part of town like jbracing or freddy from black magic racing these two guys helped me out a lot and i apreciate everything they touhgt me!

While taking it apart found some skinned wires and broken vacums and like every freaking buick a leaky rear main seal!!!!

So i while be fixing all of these!

Yep, so much easier to get it all done like this.

Thanks guys i apreciate the positive feedback
To answer a question i washed my inner fenders with hot water and tsp then wiped them down with acetone then i bought some duplicolor bumber paint and spraid 2 light layers of paint with the can 15-20 inches away from the inner fender that creates a mist of paint wich in its turn creates the perfec paint pattern for the inner fenders!
0028e995ddcd33f925f75a0df1f57ccd.jpg

This is what i use to paint the inner fenders!
27375e386f6bb81428f3701578386106.jpg

This is what i used to clean them!
When I had my inner fenders out, I shot them with a portable sandblaster outside in the yard from about 12 inches away. Wear a face shield and arm protection!!!! It gave them just the right finish to receive the misting of satin bumper black. I had to be careful not to produce "highs and lows" with the sand blaster. They never peeled and still look good .