My BSing thread and updates

its holden up nice i just have oil leaking bad and its blowing on my exaust so i cant drive it and the 2 vacume lines that go on my wastegate actuator does one blow and one suck or do they both suck or vice versa

its holden up nice i just have oil leaking bad and its blowing on my exaust so i cant drive it and the 2 vacume lines that go on my wastegate actuator does one blow and one suck or do they both suck or vice versa
Depends on how they are pumbed. But both should see vac and under boost see boost. Check your oil return line on the intake. They like to lift up and shot oil down the back of the block.

Ok, so I found out the other day that I might get to finish my "D" soon. So I have been thinking on completing the 83 and get it back on the road. I'm leaning towards using the 86/87 engine setup with my intake and making plumbing from the carb to turbo (might even use the stock IC I still have from the 86) and plumbing from the turbo to intake. Is would open up the turbo choices and simple enough to find a DP. The only concern I really have is all the air/fuel mixing going thru all that plumbing and either pooling in the IC or having a pipe blowout under boost. :eek:

This would also simplfy using a Razor alky setup, hehe

Your concern is right Jim. SOME of the fuel will condense in the matrix of the IC and pool up. That sucks and is certainly asking for a lean condition. BUT...... there are alternatives. I've known about it for some time now but the info gets lost in my head, however situations like this make me recall that info lol.
Cryo2 is the exact branding I know about but I'm sure other companies have made a version of it by now.
It was a certain length of 3" charge piping with a Node suspended in the middle. On the outside there were an inlet and outlet for the Co2 gas. That was pretty much it save for a solenoid, relay,arming switch and Co2 tank with lines.

The flowing Co2 gas through the Node Chilled it below freezing and cools all of the charge air passing around the Node.

Damn it's been 7 years I knew about that and kinda forgot.
I remember reading the too a number of years ago.
There also is a bees wax method. You use a double walled pipe and fill it with bees wax. It does a very good job at dissipating heat. It has a high heat melt and cools quickly.

I worry on the ability to actually cool the air charge vs add weight.

if you think about the dynamics of an intercooler you see a pressure drop. that because the air is actually going to slow done for a sec and have a chance to dissapate the heat to the fins. the surface area to the charge temp just doesnt seem logical.

you would need several of those inline for a larger total area to have an effect on the temp over the volume of air for its given speed.

A.j.

Well, one step closer. I scored another BRF trans with a 9.5" artcarr TC 3400 stall :eek:. the only bummer is it's a nonlock-up trans & TC. it's not suppose to be the permanent change.

Well get rid of the converter and go from there Jim. It shouldn't be hard to change it back to LU so you are ahead for now. What're you thinking about as far as stall?

Well get rid of the converter and go from there Jim. It shouldn't be hard to change it back to LU so you are ahead for now. What're you thinking about as far as stall?
I have a Pats 12" 2800 stall that I pulled out of the 86. Think I'll send it in somewhere to have it freshened up.

I found the paperwork, will ship soon :)

I have a Pats 12" 2800 stall that I pulled out of the 86. Think I'll send it in somewhere to have it freshened up.

I found the paperwork, will ship soon :)

Get a 10" from Dusty, Jim. I've been PMing him about converter choices and from what he's posted you'll be happier with the 10". More effecient than the 12" and less rotating mass, so it will spool better for you.:biggrin:

Get a 10" from Dusty, Jim. I've been PMing him about converter choices and from what he's posted you'll be happier with the 10". More effecient than the 12" and less rotating mass, so it will spool better for you.:biggrin:

I was very happy with the Pats, world of differnce from a 2400 to 2800 stall. I need to regain the ElCheapo crown from Freddie. I lost it to him a few years ago. :eek:
I never wanted the TC I got with the trans, but thought that Earl might want it. More than likely I'll let him use the trans and TC to get his car back on the road. His engine is almost finish and I still need to pull my out. and he has my engine hoist.

Good of you to let Earl borrow it. How's his car coming along? I've been following his posts on the other board but he hasn't added anthing lately.

BTW, I just some parts you'll be jealous over. A KB number 1 intake and tall valve covers, and a Mallory unilite distributor. One of the SFI had them and didn't know about them. I got them for free. Now all I need is the timing control you have and a 6AL and the ignition will be all set.

Sorry fell under a rock...But it finished yesterday, got screwed, but ...I'm a free man and I have the kids. :biggrin: Time to start cleaning out the garage and ship somone something :eek:

Sorry fell under a rock...But it finished yesterday, got screwed, but ...I'm a free man and I have the kids. :biggrin: Time to start cleaning out the garage and ship somone something :eek:

Hmm........ were we on the same boat ride?

must be that time of the year.

A.j.

its been a long time sence i last saw you on here. how has it been? what type of stuff do you have to ship.