My BSing thread and updates

And here is something else I like
I spend must of my time on a im program called QQ and on my Chinese blog

Attachments

• http_imgloadCAHYRPSR.jpg
    http_imgloadCAHYRPSR.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 209
There are quite a few companies that make the same cam as the E-brock one. I've got one that's a melling saved on evilbay for $125 plus shipping.

That's your daughter isn't it Jim?

There are quite a few companies that make the same cam as the E-brock one. I've got one that's a melling saved on evilbay for $125 plus shipping.

That's your daughter isn't it Jim?

The ede.brock was the same price a couple of years ago with lifters. But not sure how much it is now.

No, not my daughter...my special friend ;)

This is one of my daughters

Attachments

• http_imgloadCAGORL06.jpg
    http_imgloadCAGORL06.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 208
don't buy a ebrock cam there junk. i had big issues with my edelbrock cam ended up throwing the thing away.:mad:

wow... its really good to hear how we came to be where were at now.

you really need that hot side conversion on your turbo.... I think you would love it!

A.j.

It's 1.77 and 1.50 Jim. Glad to see you here to inform us a little on your methods. The valves will help to some degree but the biggest diff is in proting the heads. Getting them to flow better is the biggest benifit for any car. Since we run turbos then it make even more of a difference.

I agree with Charlie the only reason I got them was I had the motr apart and fully ported and polished heads Ithinkn poretd heads would be just fine. Mike

What do you all need for parts for the 83 Jim?
I have most of the parts I need, even have spare carbs, intake, ECM, headers (I think) I have a friend that's got some 30 over pistons he doesn't need.
So I just need time to rip the engine out and give it to my friend for machine work, ship the trans out to my builder to get fixed. try to figure out in what direction I'll go with a turbo. I have a guy in PA that can hog it out and I was thinking a newer GT fins. But for less money I could graph a new turbo in and build a DP. For the DP I would get a used one from a GN and cut it up and add in the bends needed.
But I need Time...time...time and funds for this...I took a heavy cut in pay to come home.
But it was worth it to have my kids. :biggrin:

I have most of the parts I need, even have spare carbs, intake, ECM, headers (I think) I have a friend that's got some 30 over pistons he doesn't need.
So I just need time to rip the engine out and give it to my friend for machine work, ship the trans out to my builder to get fixed. try to figure out in what direction I'll go with a turbo. I have a guy in PA that can hog it out and I was thinking a newer GT fins. But for less money I could graph a new turbo in and build a DP. For the DP I would get a used one from a GN and cut it up and add in the bends needed.
But I need Time...time...time and funds for this...I took a heavy cut in pay to come home.
But it was worth it to have my kids. :biggrin:

LOL I know the feeling about time and money Jim.:smile: I don't have either but I'm trying to improve my situation after all. Since you're in GA I don't know any tranny guys there but I can honestly sugest Jake Shoe here in Texas for you. I've been to his shop and he really does know what he's doing. He had some 11 second trannies for $1300 shipped so you might want to call him. If you want I can give you his number.:smile:

LOL I know the feeling about time and money Jim.:smile: I don't have either but I'm trying to improve my situation after all. Since you're in GA I don't know any tranny guys there but I can honestly sugest Jake Shoe here in Texas for you. I've been to his shop and he really does know what he's doing. He had some 11 second trannies for $1300 shipped so you might want to call him. If you want I can give you his number.:smile:
Thanks, I had a guy in boston that built the trans, I'm going to send it back to him.
That is a very good price on the trans

As the car sits today...well without the snow :eek:

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 177
Looks like a great start it shouldnot take very long if you stay on it the car looks very nice good luckMike

Looks like a great start it shouldnot take very long if you stay on it the car looks very nice good luckMike
I haven't touched it since I stole the trans and TC out of it this summer. :eek:
I hope when I call the trash man to pick up all the crap I've been finding around the house, he doesn't take the car. lol

It looks like a fairly good begining Jim. I hope you can get going on it soon. Maybe a dad and kids project?

bad news fellas im leaking oil like a sob some where out the back of my motor and its getting on my exaust and smoking like heck what do you think it is?