My brand new built trans in leaking!!!

if the area of the seal is dry, then it's probably the pump seal.. and that's not worth paying shipping to send out to get fixed..

Something I can get from a parts store as well I take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

You can get the stuff at the parts store, I would call Lonnie 1st he does stand behind his work.

who installed it? im not sure if it would even go in but sometimes its a pain to get the torque converter lined up and seated all the way down on the input shaft?

I installed it. It gave me some trouble getting splines to line up but I'm 99% sure I got it right. I tryed contacting Lonnie. Left a message at the shop and messaged him on Facebook. No returned call

That really sucks that you can't get a hold of him. He has moved in with Gbodyparts in NC, maybe get with Brian. He is easy to get a hold of.

Steve V said:
That really sucks that you can't get a hold of him. He has moved in with Gbodyparts in NC, maybe get with Brian. He is easy to get a hold of.

I was wondering why the lady said gbodyparts when she answered the phone lol. He called me back. Told me to call him when I have the car on the lift again this weekend

Something I can get from a parts store as well I take it?

Yes, you can get both front pump seals from the parts store. I purchased a front pump seal from O'Reilly's a couple months ago and I brought the front pump seal o-ring from them 2 weeks ago. The front pump o-ring p/n is 762006. Pioneer is the manufacturer. Let me know if you need the front pump seal p/n. I have to do little diggin but I have it in my records.

Front pump seal or the converter. Converter isn't likely since it's been ran for a while with another transmssion but it's possible it has developed a pin hole around a weld that can leak fuid when it's pressurized.

You can rig up a pressure tester at home or send it in and we'll submerge test it.

Are PTC converters pressure tested b/f being sent out?

I hope it's not the converter. Last thing I need is more down time with this car

Dusty Bradford said:
Yes they are all pressure tested in a water tank before being painted.

What can I use to rig something to put compressed air in it? And how much psi?

PTC convertors do leak sometimes...they took care of it no problem in my case. I sprayed everything down with brake clean and found mine with it idling with me underneath...fine mist slinging out of a pinhole in a weld. As mentioned ptc took care of it no problem. Either way hope you get it fixed up.

Ya I've got that same thing happening there's some 1/2in wide drips on inside of bell housing but maiming just a light list spraying down on u and ur covered in like sparkles of fluid after 5seconds

What would cause this? Did I mess something up and it's getting to much pressure in trans? Tv cable not adjusted right?

If its the convertor then its from porosity in the welds on the convertor...aka bad weld or welds. And convertor should be pulled and repaired.

If its the convertor then its from porosity in the welds on the convertor...aka bad weld or welds. And convertor should be pulled and repaired.

[x2] on the bad weld, but also I want to say that you pinched the seal on the install if this started to happen at the time you put it all back together.

Normally, fine mist would be converter, bad seal it would pump it out in greater volume.

Weirder things have happened, good luck finding it.

I had the exact same issue with my Dads car. Its has Lonnie's Stage3 tranny in it. I must have pulled that tranny 3 times trying seals and everything else. I had to go through the process of elimination to pin point where the issue was coming from, so I put in a old ART CARR converter in it and the problem is gone. Our PTC converter had a tiny pin hole in it. Its not something you have to take back to PTC for. Any local tranny shop that is competent can test and fix it for you. You may want to put your old converter in first and try it out.

So I take it ya haven't fixed this simple problem yet:confused: Just take the tranny out.. Then send it back along with the converter to get a simple fix done that you obviously don't want to get involved with.