My Billet HPQ71 has landed...

Thanks Brett! One cool club to get into!:cool:

Here is the YouTube video link. The woman did a decent job with the camera..lol :D Gonna post it in the vids section.

YouTube - Buick Grand National Gold Turbo T runs 9s

Great video, we can hear the sand bagging at the end.
This combination should really rock!!!

BTW what is your wheel bs, size and tire size?
It looks like you have some meat under there!

Great video, we can hear the sand bagging at the end.
This combination should really rock!!!

BTW what is your wheel bs, size and tire size?
It looks like you have some meat under there!

Thanks John. Yeah sucks I had to let out near the end. There is always another day I said to myself as I eased out. No need to cook something being greedy..lol:eek: It 60 fted like crap anyways so I know that killed me right from the get go.

Wheel bs is 4 inch. 15x8 Weld Aluma Stars. Tires are Hoosiers but only 29x9s. I wish I could get some wider tires under the car but I cant with that height because the section width gets to wide..they will rub the frame and very possibly hit the quarter panel lips also. This is a org paint 17k mile car and I cant bring myself to cut or roll the quarter lips on it.:frown:

Here is a rear shot of the car from the Nats this year.

Attachments

• Natsgold.jpg
    Natsgold.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 826
Thats awesome man! Bring it to BPG and run TSM.

That turbo should be legal:

Turbo

* • Single 3-bolt turbo only.
• Maximum size compressor wheel inducer size is less than 71mm. Inlet bore cannot exceed 71.5mm to allow for machining tolerances. Maximum compressor wheel exducer size is less than 103mm.
• No sleeves, welding or cold weld epoxy on any exterior surface of the turbo compressor housing to allow a larger than “70mm” compressor wheel to be installed is allowed.
• One of the following turbine exhaust housings is allowed: A Garrett P/N's 430832-4 and 430832-5, PT&E P/N's THB376, THB380, THB576 and THB580, Turbonetics P/N's 20240-63 and 30340-82 3 bolt turbine housings that were available November 1 of the previous year. The FSA turbine exhaust-to-downpipe flange connection must be used.
• Any air intake to turbo allowed.
• Any wastegate configuration acceptable, external wastegate(s) must be plumbed back into the exhaust system, no external dumps allowed.
• CO2 allowed for wastegate actuator.

Looks like as long as it uses an exhaust housing that was available last year, your fine.

nice run and nice lookin car

Thanks alot!

Thats awesome man! Bring it to BPG and run TSM.

That turbo should be legal:

Turbo

* • Single 3-bolt turbo only.
• Maximum size compressor wheel inducer size is less than 71mm. Inlet bore cannot exceed 71.5mm to allow for machining tolerances. Maximum compressor wheel exducer size is less than 103mm.
• No sleeves, welding or cold weld epoxy on any exterior surface of the turbo compressor housing to allow a larger than “70mm” compressor wheel to be installed is allowed.
• One of the following turbine exhaust housings is allowed: A Garrett P/N's 430832-4 and 430832-5, PT&E P/N's THB376, THB380, THB576 and THB580, Turbonetics P/N's 20240-63 and 30340-82 3 bolt turbine housings that were available November 1 of the previous year. The FSA turbine exhaust-to-downpipe flange connection must be used.
• Any air intake to turbo allowed.
• Any wastegate configuration acceptable, external wastegate(s) must be plumbed back into the exhaust system, no external dumps allowed.
• CO2 allowed for wastegate actuator.

Looks like as long as it uses an exhaust housing that was available last year, your fine.

Kevin, that would be great! If it is legal I will be there with it. Im new to this TSM turbo rules thing as far as when everything was available, exc.

Maybe Scott or Harry can answer that question?:confused:

Kevin, that would be great! If it is legal I will be there with it. Im new to this TSM turbo rules thing as far as when everything was available, exc.

Maybe Scott or Harry can answer that question?:confused:

Does it have a HPQ or GTQ exhaust wheel? It "should" be legal then haha. PM scott231 (Scott Simpson) if you want to make sure.

Does it have a HPQ or GTQ exhaust wheel? It "should" be legal then haha. PM scott231 (Scott Simpson) if you want to make sure.

Im waiting to hear back from Scott. Only other problem is the roll cage factor. Any idea if they will inforce this rule? I know BG, Norwalk and several others dont and will not. If they do count me out then.:frown:

"You got to love these cars. Full weight 3650#s, cold a/c, overdrive trans, full exhaust and drove to the track and runs 9s and drove home. Not bad for a V6. :wink:"

Congrats! That is simply amazing!!! :eek:

:cool:

We have another 109 in the 9s!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Can I say for the record I love this new turbo? lol This turbo spools almost instantly like my GT70 P trim except pulls WAAY harder!! It is absolutly awesome on the street with next to zero lag and hits like a freight train!

I got out to the track at lunch time today for one pass before I had to go back into work. I havent had time to dial the car in perfectly and I had a ballpark safe tune with 25 psi on it. The car is basically out of control on the street so tuning it perfect there is about a joke. I had to ease out of it at the end about 1200 ft because it started to get to lean for my taste. The car still went 9.90@138 letting out of it. It blew the tires off with a terrible 1.55 60ft but still managed to go 111 in the 1/8th. Its best prior was 108 with the GT70.

You got to love these cars. Full weight 3650#s, cold a/c, overdrive trans, full exhaust and drove to the track and runs 9s and drove home. Not bad for a V6. :wink:

I got to give Big thanks to Red Armstrong/Quad Air(chip,advise), Vince Janis(2004R) of Janis Transmissions, David Buschur of Buschur Racing.(turbo, wastegate, boost controller, exc exc.)

Cant wait to get some solid time tuning on it and turn it up!:D

Brian Lorenz
GSCA 3232

Thats what I am talking about!

Looks like Christmas a little early for that time slip.

You just solidified my thoughts on the goal that I am shooting for... A nine second pass on 27psi or less and a 60' higher than 1.45.

Great news. I think you can have a serious street car with that setup, if you could manage a little traction.

"You got to love these cars. Full weight 3650#s, cold a/c, overdrive trans, full exhaust and drove to the track and runs 9s and drove home. Not bad for a V6. :wink:"

Congrats! That is simply amazing!!! :eek:

:cool:

Thats what I am talking about!

Looks like Christmas a little early for that time slip.

You just solidified my thoughts on the goal that I am shooting for... A nine second pass on 27psi or less and a 60' higher than 1.45.

Great news. I think you can have a serious street car with that setup, if you could manage a little traction.

Appreciate it guys! :)

Actually Christmas came late..lol November I went 10.06 back to back with that GT70 then the track closed up for the season. If I can get the car to 60in the low/mid 1.4s it will fly...oh and a pound or 2 more boost wont hurt either!:D

Im waiting to hear back from Scott. Only other problem is the roll cage factor. Any idea if they will inforce this rule? I know BG, Norwalk and several others dont and will not. If they do count me out then.:frown:

I have no idea. Even though my car is now legal for those times, I still tell the tech that it runs 11's:D That way I usually don't get the tech to pick the car apart lol.

Brian,Way to go congrates on the 9 second pass .I guess you were correct on what we talked about in Norwalk .You and Kevin B are my new Heros!
What do you mean a trip?:eek:
Bob Slusser

Congrats on the 9 second pass Brian. Very nice car. Sounds like its got alot left in it. See you in Columbus

Brian,Way to go congrates on the 9 second pass .I guess you were correct on what we talked about in Norwalk .You and Kevin B are my new Heros!
What do you mean a trip?:eek:
Bob Slusser

Thanks Bob! Yes what we discussed was confirmed!:D You have yours on order yet?! Yes Bob, Im sorry but you are a trip!:biggrin: Meaning if you cant have a good time hanging around types of guys like yourself and Johnny Bowling you cant have a good time anywhere!!;)

Congrats on the 9 second pass Brian. Very nice car. Sounds like its got alot left in it. See you in Columbus

Thanks alot Steve. Great talking with you at Norwalk. I hope the car does also. Yep, I will see ya there!

Wow, beautiful turbo, beatiful car. Great pass, love the video!

Thanks for the compliments Squid!!

hmm I had no idea the 71's were out yet.
I ordered a 6765 last week and was told they were not released. :confused: