My Billet HPQ71 has landed...

Limited87

Here it is guys.. Gotta give BIG thanks to my bud David Buschur of Buschur Racing for getting me the hook up on it so fast! Hope to have it up and running as soon as tonight!:biggrin:

Attachments

• HPQ71 001.jpg
    HPQ71 001.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,658
  • HPQ71 003.jpg
    HPQ71 003.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,651
  • HPQ71 002.jpg
    HPQ71 002.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,633
Very nice. Ive got 2 ball bearing units on order. It takes soooo long to get those things :(

Sexy for sure! Looking foward to seeing what kinda power these make and what the spool up difference is vs. the GTQ.

That will make more power then anyone will ever beable to make imo. That in the DBB will truly be the last turbo any street car enthusiastwill ever need to buy.

Well worth the wait I guess.

Do you plan to port the waste gate hole?

I ordered mine as well. Please post install pics.

YEEEEEE

Sexy for sure! Looking foward to seeing what kinda power these make and what the spool up difference is vs. the GTQ.

That will make more power then anyone will ever beable to make imo. That in the DBB will truly be the last turbo any street car enthusiastwill ever need to buy.

Well worth the wait I guess.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wanted you to be able to see it what it looked like vs justing hearing about it. It sure would be nice if its the last turbo I ever need but I wont hold my breath;) With my set up we think the DBB is over kill and just not needed. It wont see alot of street time and once its spooled up at the track it dont come down till the pass is over:D

Gonna leave the wastegate hole as is for now. If any issues arise I will open it up. As for install picts its almost done and most of you all know how these bolt up..:p

Hi Kevin, I spoke to you and Bob S. together out at Norwalk. Here is a quick run down of the build. Car has made 2 back 2 back 10.06@138 with a GT70 P trim with a terrible 60 ft. I hoping this turbo gives it what it needs to be in the solid 9s.

DLS 249 in stroker
DLS/Champion GN1 ported heads
DLS ported intake
212/212 hyd roller
#95 injectors/Reds double pump
Cottons front mount

I have just added full stainless TA Headers, TA 3.5 dp, complete 3.5 exhaust. The car has a Janis built 2004r trans and AC converter. Full HR Parts suspension package.

I do not have a fast system(YET) and plan on doing this with with the stock ecm, chip and stock GM mass air flow unit. I know this is hurting the car plenty but I would like to lay down some nice numbers with this set up before moving on to a DFI.

The other thing that is killing the car to a point is Im doing this on 29x9 inch tires. This is a 17k mile original paint car with cold r12 a/c and I do not want to cut or roll the 1/4 panel lips to fit the 29x10s. I may end of having to regear to get 28x10s back under it if this becomes to much of an issue. Oh and of course it has no cage.:eek:

Brian

How did the install go?

Can we see the beast installed?

Boy some of you guys and your picts ;) Its raining so I got time. Here ya go.:biggrin:

Install was a little differant with the TA headers on it now instead of the ported stockers but still went off without a hitch. Supose to rain for the next 2 days so Im gonna have 2 wait to get it out.:mad:

Attachments

• HPQ71 005.jpg
    HPQ71 005.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,521
  • HPQ71 006.jpg
    HPQ71 006.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,527
Hi Kevin, I spoke to you and Bob S. together out at Norwalk. Here is a quick run down of the build. Car has made 2 back 2 back 10.06@138 with a GT70 P trim with a terrible 60 ft. I hoping this turbo gives it what it needs to be in the solid 9s.

DLS 249 in stroker
DLS/Champion GN1 ported heads
DLS ported intake
212/212 hyd roller
#95 injectors/Reds double pump
Cottons front mount

I have just added full stainless TA Headers, TA 3.5 dp, complete 3.5 exhaust. The car has a Janis built 2004r trans and AC converter. Full HR Parts suspension package.

I do not have a fast system(YET) and plan on doing this with with the stock ecm, chip and stock GM mass air flow unit. I know this is hurting the car plenty but I would like to lay down some nice numbers with this set up before moving on to a DFI.

The other thing that is killing the car to a point is Im doing this on 29x9 inch tires. This is a 17k mile original paint car with cold r12 a/c and I do not want to cut or roll the 1/4 panel lips to fit the 29x10s. I may end of having to regear to get 28x10s back under it if this becomes to much of an issue. Oh and of course it has no cage.:eek:

Brian

Cool, I remember talking to you now:) Sometimes my head gets focused on one thing at those races and I end up forgetting about all the people I talk to lol.

I was hoping you had a gtq on there to see some back to back comparisons. Looks like you changed quit a bit to get a fair side by side though.

Cool, I remember talking to you now:) Sometimes my head gets focused on one thing at those races and I end up forgetting about all the people I talk to lol.

I was hoping you had a gtq on there to see some back to back comparisons. Looks like you changed quit a bit to get a fair side by side though.

No prob man..lol You were still great to talk to and Bob is always a trip! :D

Nope no GTQ, I wish I had it. I might not of had to buy this turbo to achieve my goal if I had. I did have the 3.5 dp and exhaust since I have ran the car and didnt see any differance with that GT70 but not the TA headers. Those were just put on last week.

Thanks for the install pics,

I ordered this one as well. Did you have to use an extended oil return line?
Currently I have a Turbonetics 72 on the car and MY steel braided return is stretched to the max.

Post up when you get to try it out.

We have very similar goals...solid nines. I want to get it done with less than 27PSI, so I can run 93 and methanol. Also I don't want to 60 anything less than a 1.45. So 140 MPH is my goal. BTW I am going to do this on stock stroke.

Currently I have a Turbonetics 72 on the car and MY steel braided return is stretched to the max.

We have very similar goals...solid nines. I want to get it done with less than 27PSI, so I can run 93 and methanol. Also I don't want to 60 anything less than a 1.45. So 140 MPH is my goal. BTW I am going to do this on stock stroke.

No, I used the same line I had on the other turbo and it has plenty of room. Its from South East if I rem right..

It sounds like your goal might be a little rough without some good gas. The 60 ft. will have to be in that area (mid 1.4s) and close to 140 to get SOLID 9s.

Looking to get to the track as soon as this weekend and see how it performs.

You are probably going to have to rev that little motor. Unless your heads flow like a garden hose, it's going to be hard to do that with any boost less than 27 on a 70 unless the billet 70 turns out to be the sh!t. I have a stock stroke, gn1's with a decent port job but not an extreme one, and a 70gtq. It takes 6K+ rpm and 30 psi to run my numbers. My best ET in the sig was with a 1.55 60':eek:

No prob man..lol You were still great to talk to and Bob is always a trip! :D

Nope no GTQ, I wish I had it. I might not of had to buy this turbo to achieve my goal if I had. I did have the 3.5 dp and exhaust since I have ran the car and didnt see any differance with that GT70 but not the TA headers. Those were just put on last week.

Yeah, Bob is always fun to talk to! Are you going to the BPG race?