My badd ass looking ZO6

TURBOGTA1

Life is Sweet !!!
I couldn't be any happier with my ZO6.
Just popped into the 10's with an air intake, stat, re flash and a set of drag radials ONLY, THATS IT!!!!!!
Drove 135 miles to Atco and got 25 mpg, and drove back home with the a/c cranking. Gotta luv it

Doesn't she look Sexy

Attachments

• MY ZO6.jpg
    MY ZO6.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 610
I got to drive one of those awhile back. It's one of the best Corvettes I've ever driven. The suspension did not beat me up, cockpit was very comfortable, interior was actually nice qualitywise, roll on in 5th gear was incredible, getting in/out was easy. Only thing I hated about it was it was'nt mine.:frown:

This will absolutely be the next car i add to what i have---very nice!!!:cool::cool:

Geoff

I couldn't be any happier with my ZO6.
Just popped into the 10's with an air intake, stat, re flash and a set of drag radials ONLY, THATS IT!!!!!!
Drove 135 miles to Atco and got 25 mpg, and drove back home with the a/c cranking. Gotta luv it

Doesn't she look Sexy
My complements to you for being able to achieve that especially with a stock clutch. I have an 08 Z06 with LG long tubes, Vararam CAI & tuning, went 7.50, 93.00 mph 1/8th, later installed a cam then dropped it to 7.30 @ 98.00 then tried the 1/4 went 11.70 @ 125.50 all runs were lousy 60.fts with bad wheel hop, unable to get much practice & fried the clutch trying to slip it a bit to get it off the line.The car made 550 RWHP on the dyno with the cam & have now went back to the stock one. Wasn't impressed with low end drive ability although it really flew under WOT especially in 3rd. I'm embarrassed to admit that I should probably stick with an auto if I wished to continue this game. I got a little spoiled with these Buick's & don't feel that a vette is really suited for drag racing. At least not with me driving lol

My complements to you for being able to achieve that especially with a stock clutch. I have an 08 Z06 with LG long tubes, Vararam CAI & tuning, went 7.50, 93.00 mph 1/8th, later installed a cam then dropped it to 7.30 @ 98.00 then tried the 1/4 went 11.70 @ 125.50 all runs were lousy 60.fts with bad wheel hop, unable to get much practice & fried the clutch trying to slip it a bit to get it off the line.The car made 550 RWHP on the dyno with the cam & have now went back to the stock one. Wasn't impressed with low end drive ability although it really flew under WOT especially in 3rd. I'm embarrassed to admit that I should probably stick with an auto if I wished to continue this game. I got a little spoiled with these Buick's & don't feel that a vette is really suited for drag racing. At least not with me driving lol

1.62 60' (stock clutch)
With all that stuff and only running 11.70, Your definitely doing something wrong!!!
The weak link to the car is the clutch, have to be careful.
You CANNOT drag the clutch leaving, or it will go to the floor (burn up) until you let off the accelerator.

I have a 2007 z06 and the clutch has to have the fluid changed quite often if you are going to drag race it.Just suck up the fluid with a chicken baster then wipe the reservoir off with a rag,then pump the brake pedal ten times and you re good to go.I really have a hard time to believe you went tens with only those mods.It has been done but on a prepped track in cold weather.The only guys to have gone tens in a stock other than drag radials z06 are Ranger, and Jamie Furman. I went 11.63 with mine with a cold air and a tune and my miles per hour were 126.5.I agree that the clutch is the weak lin kbut i believe 11.5 is very doable .Faster than that is not going to be easy.

Lou, get the EFILIVE out, and tune on the PCM...You can get the wheel hop tuned out, and the clutch will love you for it....
That's one of the neat things about the electronic throttle.:D

I have a 2007 z06 and the clutch has to have the fluid changed quite often if you are going to drag race it.Just suck up the fluid with a chicken baster then wipe the reservoir off with a rag,then pump the brake pedal ten times and you re good to go.I really have a hard time to believe you went tens with only those mods.It has been done but on a prepped track in cold weather.The only guys to have gone tens in a stock other than drag radials z06 are Ranger, and Jamie Furman. I went 11.63 with mine with a cold air and a tune and my miles per hour were 126.5.I agree that the clutch is the weak lin kbut i believe 11.5 is very doable .Faster than that is not going to be easy.
With your time and mph, I would guess that your having a hard time leaving the line until you grip, The mph says so. Your car has to be a lot faster than 11:63 with a 126.5 mph.
As far as my car, it went 10:98 @128 mph on a 90 degree day with more in her.
I have 345 drag radials, real ram air cold air kit, stat, and a tune/reflash, also a line loc, this car is and will be a little faster just the way it is, my next time out this coming Oct. I just keep getting better and better, also was a big help studying the racing technics Ranger posts on his site.
Now Here is Rangers correct stats from his site;

My Personal Records through 187 passes
11.13 127.20 Bone Stock on Stock Tires. Record at the TimeWrite-up Time slip Video
10.74 129.50 Bone Stock on Drag Radials; RecordWrite-up Time slip Video Audio
10.85 129.50 Bone Stock on Drag Radials;For stock Corvettes on drag radials, All-time Record at the Time Write-up Time slip Video Audio