mustang---------WHY??????

Originally posted by Mark Brokaw
where's the turbo?

Under and behind the Blue Air Cleaner:D

We get them in time to time in service, they are fun to drive. You would have fun in it as a daily driver..... just to beat on:p

i had an 84 with the 86 head,intake, and exh manifold. a boost valve from www.boostvalve.com also known as the Ric Gillis valve, made 26/28lbs and was fast! went mid to low 12's at Milan on a Nitto D/R

Looks pretty good to me too!

A few years ago there was a quick one here in town with a upgraded turbo,intercooler, head,36# injectors and v8 rear and TKO tranny-

went high 11s on turbo and motor
and 11.08 at 123 on a 75 shot lifting the tires in first and second, it was never a trailer to the drags car, just a well built and well driven 4 cyl mustang.

I will eventually build a mustang coupe with the 2.3 turbo from a merkur XR4Ti or a turbo coupe.

Very fun cars

BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
Looks pretty good to me too!

A few years ago there was a quick one here in town with a upgraded turbo,intercooler, head,36# injectors and v8 rear and TKO tranny-

went high 11s on turbo and motor
and 11.08 at 123 on a 75 shot lifting the tires in first and second, it was never a trailer to the drags car, just a well built and well driven 4 cyl mustang.

I will eventually build a mustang coupe with the 2.3 turbo from a merkur XR4Ti or a turbo coupe.

Very fun cars

BW

you would not want to use the turbo from either of those cars they are Mitzubuschi ( i totally butchered that one ) turbos, hi-fi's or some name like that. bset to use a T3/T4 hybrid. go to www.turboford.org or www.svoca.com tons of info there

I know the xr and later tcoupe have the smaller turbos and they create alot of heat.

If i were to do it, i would use one of those 2.3 engines and upgrade accordingly. More than likely use a hoset hx35 from my 02 cummins once it gets a hx40

BW

looks nicely done bet it wasnt cheap

I had an 84 SVO in another chapter of my life heads cam intake turbo never had track time but 25-27 psi boost and 30 plus mpg
just like my grand national when it runs right I cant see myself with another car and best car they ever made is the thougt I have and when shes not feeling so well what can I say your looking for every excuse as to not get rear ended just enough to total it and not enough to get hurt......IMO

Alan:D

Years ago a friend of mine had a 84 I think and it was FAST for a 4 banger! I have never been a mustang man but if I was to get one hmmmm. At the time he had his the GTs on the street didn't have a prayer against him on a short sprint! They would be trying to catch him in the quarter but anything shorter he would kill them!! Also he got a lot better gas milage to boot lol. Daniel

Originally posted by mazdatech78
That car would be a fun daily driver. There is nothing wrong with it.

James

Except the 10 holes...

That's a cool car, I see nothing wrong with it at all. I would have put that engine in a Pinto if it was me though....but that's another matter

My SVO....and its the real deal :D

Attachments

• img_0044.jpg
    img_0044.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 280
A 9 sec 79 turbo GT running the svo 2.3T @ 30# of boost!

Attachments

• img_0193.jpg
    img_0193.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 268
A pic of the engine set up......

Attachments

• img_0211.jpg
    img_0211.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 259