Multi-model Dyno Day and Motorgen Meet February 21, 2009

Bad Side ?

From what I can see Scott doesn't have a bad side, But a witty sense of humor
sharp tongue & doesn't back down to bully's & that's a good thing.

Doing good!
The GN is running Grrrrreat.:biggrin:

The Camaro needs some jetting (goes lean at WOT) and a new throw-out bearing, so I have not been driving it much...I need to fix that thing....I miss it.:frown: Thanks for reminding me.

LOL, you thank me know, but wait until you're actually doing the job :eek:

LOL, you thank me know, but wait until you're actually doing the job :eek:

Actually, I have a Camaro buddy who owns his own shop and he's offered to let me use his lift to do the TO bearing, so that'll make it go much smoother. But I agree....if I have to do it on my back on my garage floor....I'm gonna be saying some discouraging words while swapping it out.:mad:

I just need to buy the TO bearing and get at it....

Actually, I have a Camaro buddy who owns his own shop and he's offered to let me use his lift to do the TO bearing, so that'll make it go much smoother. But I agree....if I have to do it on my back on my garage floor....I'm gonna be saying some discouraging words while swapping it out.:mad:

I just need to buy the TO bearing and get at it....

Get it done by February and come throw it on the dyno ;)

I've had some questions on what kind of dyno it is - for anybody wondering it's a Dynojet Model 224x :)

Super Bowl Sunday Bump! I have filled about 22 spots so far out of a total of 45. I expect to fill all the spots over the next 3 weeks:)

So far we have coming-

-3 Terminator Cobras
-A Blown Saleen Cobra
-An SRT8 Charger with Longtubes, etc
-A TurboBuick and a Toyota Truck with a TurboBuick Motor
-A Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG
-A MazdaSpeed 3
-A Silverado SS Truck
-A C5 Vette and an 82 Vette with a H/C LS1
-A 68 Camaro
-An 01 Lexus IS300 with a forged bottom end and turbos
-A built and blown 2003 Mach 1
-A Magnacharged Pontiac G8
-2 Pontiac Solstice GXP's
-A BMW 335i Coupe and Sedan and a BMW E39 540i
-A 600+ WHP SRT4

It's going to be a lot of fun and everyone who dyno's will get an awesome video. Here is a link to the event for anyone else that wants to sign up. I'll see you guys there!

Monday/Two week notice bump :)

Great variety so far, new additions include

-A Ford Lightning
-Volkswagen GTi with a big turbo
-An SRT4 Caliber
-Pontiac Firehawk

We still have about 15 spots left. I expect they will be filled by week's end, so please sign up if you're interested :)

1 week bump. I talked to Greg last night and he's confident we can do 45 cars. I want to please remind everyone to bring cash and to bring exact change if possible. The cost is 3 pulls for $45. Also, if anyone has any folding chairs please bring them because we're going to have a lot of people and their aren't enough chairs in the shop :D

Here is the roster as of this morning:

-1 04 Cobra (pulley + intake + exhaust)
-1 07 BMW 335i
-1 96 Saleen with Cams and a blower
-1 03 Cobra (pulley + intake + exhaust)
-1 07 SRT8 Charger with LT's and Boltons
-1 87 TurboBuick with methanol and extra boost
-1 06 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG with resonator removed
-1 05 Nissan Maxima 3.5L V6 w/boltons
-1 06 MazdaSpeed3
-1 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS
-1 98 Vette with Borla Exhaust
-1 68 Camaro with Crate 350
-1 01 Lexus IS300 with built bottom end and Turbo
-1 03 Mach 1 fully built with boost
-1 09 Pontiac G8 with Magnacharger
-1 Pontiac Solstice GXP
-1 E39 BMW 540i
-1 04 Cobra (exhaust only)
-1 05 SRT4 with fully built motor and big turbo (600+whp and 2350lbs)
-1 08 Pontiac Solstice GXP with tune
-1 07 BMW 335i with tune
-1 03 Volkswagon GTI with big turbo
-1 03 Lightning with ported blower and maybe a lower pulley
-1 08 Dodge Caliber SRT4
-1 04 Dodge SRT4 w/built motor and nitrous
-1 02 Pontiac Firehawk
-1 04 SRT4 (and possibly a Ferrari 360 Modena and Syclone)
-1 Vette with TT
-1 SRT4 with Mopar Stage 3
-1 02 Camaro with LS6
-1 92 Integra GSR
-1 03 Cobra (basically stock)
-1 03 Mach 1 with Vortech Blower

So far we have 33 cars for sure coming. We can for sure handle 10-12 more. If any of you are interested, remember to sign up here.

Alright everyone, 72 hour bump. For those attending, I am trying to work a schedule with basically 5 cars going per hour from 9 until 6 with an hour lunch break either at noon or 1. If anyone has a preference for what part of the day they would like to try to go please post it in this thread.

I will do my best to accommodate everyone but it may not be perfect. I will wait for those attending to reply either today or tomorrow before putting the schedule together on Friday. Also for those attending please try to bring exact change because it allows things to move more quickly when Greg isn't having to go make change for everyone. Remember it's $45 for the 3 pulls. Also remember if you guys have extra folding chairs to bring those too. You'll get tired of standing after an hour or two and there isn't enough room in the waiting area for all of us at one time. We're planning on setting up some tables outside though so people can hang out. We still have about 10 spots left to dyno if anyone else would like to come and join us. Please sign up here if you're interested.

After we finish at the dyno we're going to cruise over to Nick's Burger for the meet and should arrive before 6:30p.m. Nick's is in Fullerton for anyone who wants to come join us. Here is the address:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

If anyone has any questions shoot me an email or give me a call. All my info is in the OP. Thanks again everyone.

Sean

This is my final bump for this. For all attendees please remember to BRING CASH (correct change $45 if possible) to keep things moving smoothly. For those that have requested a certain time I have been slotting you in on the spreadsheet here.

I want to thank everyone for allowing me to continue posting about the event over the last couple months - I hope I'm not annoying all of you too much.

For anyone not going to the dyno, the meet starts at 6:30 at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. I know a good sized group of us are heading that direction after the dyno so it should be a good one. If anyone is interested in getting some numbers I think we still some spots left. Register here if you're interested. Thanks again for all the feedback and participation :)

Next month on the 7th we'll be at the Street Legals at California Speedway for anyone that wants to be taped, and on the 14th of March will be the next meet and we're doing another cruise (probably at least in part up PCH). I'll see you all Saturday.

it was a great turnout at this event... i couldn't believe who i saw walk up during the event, DARKSIDE Mark... dude it was great to see and chat with you.. also PeteGN and Wicked were there with 2 Grand Nationals... to bad i couldn't stay around to see them dyno their cars BUT i heard the numbers were GREAT :biggrin: :biggrin: ..

i didn't take a lot of photos due to me chatting and having fun with great people...
stuffs044.jpg

this turbo was on a blue stang that did 600RWHP on 10psi...
stuffs041.jpg

this Stang was really clean.. i think he did 650RWHP on a street tune.
stuffs032.jpg

stuffs030.jpg

stuffs027.jpg

stuffs028.jpg

this is the shop owners car.. very clean 8sec ride..
stuffs024.jpg

stuffs025.jpg

it was nice seeing everyone before i head off for my training.. see you guys in 5 months...

Thanks to all the GN guys for coming out. The high dyno for the day was 646 (I think) RWHP GN. Very impressive stuff. Sorry the day didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped, but I appreciate you coming out. Nordy, it was especially good to get to talk to you and the wife again. Good luck with the training and we'll see you soon.

Ralph,

Sorry the meet wasn't so great. I guess people got confused with the threads and thought it was just a dyno day and didn't come to the meet as a result. Next month we'll get the numbers back up again.

Here are the first couple sample videos. We will roll out videos for everyone over the next week or so. Thanks again to everyone who participated :)

One
Two