MTV & G-BODY Cars

Little6pack

Flicking the cable the other night & catch a G body on a MTV video. The car looked like an 80's 442 or Cutlass. even saw a few other cars in the back ground.

Since I am not with the HIP HOP - gangbanger crowd at 46 years old. Are G-bodies the car of choice for these folks?? or is it still little foriegn cars?
Maybe it depends too on what part of the USA you are standing in.

Yeah, the G Bodies are definitely "gansta" favorites, lol.....

Pimpin' ain't easy..... Or something like that.

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Flicking the cable the other night & catch a G body on a MTV video. The car looked like an 80's 442 or Cutlass. even saw a few other cars in the back ground.

Since I am not with the HIP HOP - gangbanger crowd at 46 years old. Are G-bodies the car of choice for these folks?? or is it still little foriegn cars?
Maybe it depends too on what part of the USA you are standing in.

I seen that too, I think it was a Cutlass. My 4 year old son likes watching MTV:rolleyes:and some of those videos are actually pretty cool, man have times changed!

I believe that Ludacris has a tricked-out Cutlass. Blue and white, I wanna say....

I was wondering if anybody else caught the GN in the background on "pimp my ride". I saw it when they were working on the Caprice. I was really surprised, I just hope they dont "pimp" it.:mad:

Whoever is married to Carmen Electra has a nice GN. He is a band member but not sure which one. I was watching MTV Cribs one night and noticed it during the "here is what I have in my garage" part.

Originally posted by justabuickv6
Whoever is married to Carmen Electra has a nice GN. He is a band member but not sure which one. I was watching MTV Cribs one night and noticed it during the "here is what I have in my garage" part.
Dave Navarro of Jane's Addiction/Red Hot Chili Peppers fame.

G-Body is new Pimp ride

once was old impalas and stuff, now G Body's chromed out is the new "thing." Ludicras, or however you spell it, has a new song naming each of the cars. just FYI

Re: G-Body is new Pimp ride

Originally posted by sgrim
once was old impalas and stuff, now G Body's chromed out is the new "thing." Ludicras, or however you spell it, has a new song naming each of the cars. just FYI
Naming each of the G-bodys?

Black people from the hood will know what a GN is every time.....

Thats pretty much the only people in AL that know what it is:(

i saw the GN in the background on pimp my ride too! i was like whaaaaaa? that car must be ruined by now. yeah in the hood all the brothers drive "cuttys" with dubs :eek:

Originally posted by broke1
Black people from the hood will know what a GN is every time.....

Thats pretty much the only people in AL that know what it is:(
Conversation between myself and an African American gentleman at a gas station last summer:

Him: 'That's a sweet car, homey.'
Me: 'Thanks.'
Him: 'Faster than a muthaf*cka, too!'
Me: 'It'll go.'
Him: 'Oh I know!.....I know.'

Re: Re: MTV & G-BODY Cars

Originally posted by Raymond Bunch
I seen that too, I think it was a Cutlass. My 4 year old son likes watching MTV:rolleyes:and some of those videos are actually pretty cool, man have times changed!
Anyone remember when MTV used to actually play music videos?

Re: Re: Re: MTV & G-BODY Cars

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Anyone remember when MTV used to actually play music videos?

When I was in 6th grade, they did. Back then it was actually MUSIC television. I would turn it on and just watch the videos, because they werent filled w/ slutty girls n stuff like that.

Im a senior in HS now, in case that helps.

The G- Bodys are in because drug gealers can pay cash, and steal whatever they need off of thier neghbor( like my whole car). I have only met one homeboy in the past 2 years that knew what my car was (turbo-t) and they still thought it was a gn, its friken blue! Oh my favorite, WHAT a v6, slow, my 305 will smoke that:mad: :mad: :mad: (one just doesnt do it)

Rappers arnt the only ones that have G-bodies in there videos.....
the rock band Hoobastank had a Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe in there video for the song "Reason" last year.

Originally posted by ACLR8R
I was wondering if anybody else caught the GN in the background on "pimp my ride". I saw it when they were working on the Caprice. I was really surprised, I just hope they dont "pimp" it.:mad:

i saw a GN on pimp my ride but it was in the back on a lift and it was the Eclipse episode

That was a Orange and Black cutlass in Luda`s video on twentys, also i seen a Red GN on Chingys video...and Daz Dillenger has a GN all thru his video, driving it, doing a donut....awsome video

that song is by Big Tymers called Cutlass, Monte Carlo's and Regals.. Not too bad entire song is about the G-Body cars....

Originally posted by 85HOT-T
The G- Bodys are in because drug gealers can pay cash, and steal whatever they need off of thier neghbor.

Recently our local newspaper did an article on drugdealers using old american cars of the 80's AS THEY PUT IT. Because they attract less attention when they come around to deliver the goods.. That way they blend in as what the users drive.:eek:

Funny how things go FULL CIRCLE.

When I lived in MASS in the 80's I owned a MONTE SS.
Both the MCSS & GN's were once the choice of thives back then.

My Monte was stolen. What an awefull feeling too :( even worse when you see the damage some NIMROD can afflect to your car in 1 day. :(