MT Street E/Ts What TP to race?

Big Kahuna

How much air should I run in my 26" M/Ts on a 1/8 mile track.

Tonight it the night I need to beat my brothers 87 with my 86.

I would start at around 15# - 16# and go from there. If it hooks and feels good at the big end leave it alone. If you spin try dropping 1# per run until you hook - but I would be leery of going below 10# - 12# - I don't like the wobbly feeling.

OK thanx -- I'm use to 8 pounds in www.texasblackmagic.com and www.rudedodge.com -- but 11 in www.eldiabloblanco.com

I ran a 13.4 1/4 with 11 pound and it felt good at the big end -- but I was thinking I was too little air. My bro and I have best two out of three.

Since the 13.4 -- I've replaced the exhaust with 3" and no cat, put on bigger brakes so I can leave with more boost. I'm hoping for a high 7 1/8 -- or at least enough to beat Doug lol

I run 13-14 around the Metro Dallas area tracks in the very low 11's with those slicks, medium burnout.
Mitch

Originally posted by XLR8
I would start at around 15# - 16# and go from there. If it hooks and feels good at the big end leave it alone. If you spin try dropping 1# per run until you hook - but I would be leery of going below 10# - 12# - I don't like the wobbly feeling.

I am in complete agreement here, that's the same procedure I go by and it's gotten me 1.52 60' times with 16 PSI in my C5:)