MT ET dragradials VS BFG dragradials

meaclez

im looking for feedback on bfg dragradials compared to the MT's

the MT's look better on paper and all my freinds run MT's

has anyone run both..and if so is there any difference traction wise?

BFG's just don't hook well, period! You have to get them really worn down to get anything decent (1.7's) 60ft wise. The MT's out the box, turn them over a few times in the burnout box and your hooked 1.6's 60ft. I ran a 1.38 on MT 275/60.

BFG's just don't hook well, period! You have to get them really worn down to get anything decent (1.7's) 60ft wise. The MT's out the box, turn them over a few times in the burnout box and your hooked 1.6's 60ft. I ran a 1.38 on MT 275/60.

That sums up my experience as well, except for the 1.38 part :). I've run 1.5xx with the MT ET Street radials though.

Jim

BFGs for better traction for "normal" driving and MTs for better "not so normal" driving:wink: .

My best 60' time was 1.66 on BFGs. I just bought MT's to replace my worn out BFGs, which only lasted about 40 miles and about 20 passes. Buy the MT's. I should have done that the first time. I have only run once on them and got mid 1.60's on leaving pretty aggressive but there is more in them. I can't make a full pass until I get my roll cage installed because anything faster than 7.50's in the 8th requires a roll cage. The MT's definitely hook better in my opinion. I look for much better times with the transbrake I have yet to install.

I have had great luck with BFG drag radials on the street and strip however I have only tried the 15" at the strip. The M/T drag radial looks like it would hook better and from the sounds of it does, but the tire is not street legal and does not come in a 17". My car is set up like a Pro Touring car because I like to corner for fun and safety, so the BFG works well for my application. If cornering was not so important to me I would have the ET street's. The one thing I have found with the BFG is they are very finicky about air pressure. If the as we used to say Sticky Mickeys work for you and your friend's application why chance it.

No comparison.

MT all the way. Heck the MT DR 235 60 15 has been over 200 mph in the 1/4:eek: .

Get the MT and dont look back...good luck and beat a Mustang

The M/T drag radial looks like it would hook better and from the sounds of it does, but the tire is not street legal and does not come in a 17".

Actually, the M/T drag radial is street legal. I've run the 255-50/16s on the back of my T/R for three or four years. The BFGs I ran before that were definitely better on the street, especially in the rain, but the Mickeys are WAY better on the strip!

Actually, the M/T drag radial is street legal. I've run the 255-50/16s on the back of my T/R for three or four years. The BFGs I ran before that were definitely better on the street, especially in the rain, but the Mickeys are WAY better on the strip!

I must of misunderstood because on the M/T site the drag radial does not even list those sizes and M/T states not for highway use but the street radials show that size and that it is D.O.T. approved. I did not realize that people refer to the street radial as the drag radial. The picture of the drag radial does not show any tread at all but the street radial has some tread. Next time I will try the M/T drag radial/street radial, the one with tread and the big gap down the center.

i personally prefer the m&t street radial and would recommend them over the bfg,however the bfg drag radials are an excellent tire and they do hook.i personally have gone 1.58 on the 60ft with air bags and the sway bar in.the m&t street radial is softer and has a better ride with less roll side to side.