Msd btm

That thing is totally cool. We need to get you on a track and see what she can do in the quarter just for fun.

Can anyone I D this turbo? My former employer gave a pair of these.1 exploded,1 good. I am thinking a 66 67 70,something like that.Comp inside of air inlet measures2.590in.Can a 3 bolt turbine hsg. be installed? Skidman.

well, That turbo could be used, but it will need a carbon seal conversion and and that split scroll housing has to go. there a no no on a buick.

Whats your plans for this unit? might offer up good parts for yours.

A.j.

Msd btm/turbo upgrade

Hey mat231v6,Drfrankenstein and Charlie1f, and any other interested people, here are some 2-seater pics and 4-seater mock up pics.Draw thru 2-seater shots from summer of 98.Skidman.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 147
More pics

Sorry I posted some twice,I did not see page 2 come up. At first I thought the first 3 pics did not load.I am still learning.Skidman.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 146
Msd btm/turbo upgrade

A big THANK YOU for all the positive responses on my rail.Hey mat231v6, my zip is 49201,could you see how much to ship,looks Great! Trans is a 325-4L.
Draw through trans is correct 81 Rivvie 325. Final drive on D/T is 2.93.
Final drive on GN set up is 3.15. GN equals 143MPH @5500rpm in 3rd with conv. locked up. Have raced 5 crotch rockets (4 from a roll,1 from a stand still) and so far I have gotten the "finger " 4 times.LOL. Car weighs 1780lb.
I weigh 165lb. Thanks again,all! Skidman.

Msd btm/turbo upgrade

Drfrankenstein,
I would like to get through the holidays before spending too much on the cars. Could you give me some kind of idea on cost to update turbo?
Turbo is a reman from Michigan Turbo. I do not think they are still open.Tried to call them not long ago,no answer.Years ago a mag. called Sand Sports had a vendor that sold carb base that had a 3in. (hose)conn. to a normal sized turbo. I thought about my TA49 and their carb base.Please let me know. Skidman.

A big THANK YOU for all the positive responses on my rail.Hey mat231v6, my zip is 49201,could you see how much to ship,looks Great! Trans is a 325-4L.
Draw through trans is correct 81 Rivvie 325. Final drive on D/T is 2.93.
Final drive on GN set up is 3.15. GN equals 143MPH @5500rpm in 3rd with conv. locked up. Have raced 5 crotch rockets (4 from a roll,1 from a stand still) and so far I have gotten the "finger " 4 times.LOL. Car weighs 1780lb.
I weigh 165lb. Thanks again,all! Skidman.

i will try to get to it as soon as I can. Right now, i have been extremely busy. I have to remember a lot of things for work so studying the stuff takes for ever. i will send you a pm when i can get to the post office.

Drfrankenstein,
I would like to get through the holidays before spending too much on the cars. Could you give me some kind of idea on cost to update turbo?
Turbo is a reman from Michigan Turbo. I do not think they are still open.Tried to call them not long ago,no answer.Years ago a mag. called Sand Sports had a vendor that sold carb base that had a 3in. (hose)conn. to a normal sized turbo. I thought about my TA49 and their carb base.Please let me know. Skidman.

I can set you up with everything you need.

price will be from 450 to about 850

A.j.

Msd btm/turbo upgrade

Drfrankenstein,I am irterested, but I should wait until after the holidays. I work in an independant auto repair shop,and I am 18,000 down from last year.
It is hard to come up with "play money".Skidman.

Drfrankenstein,I am irterested, but I should wait until after the holidays. I work in an independant auto repair shop,and I am 18,000 down from last year.
It is hard to come up with "play money".Skidman.

oh no brother, I know that feeling alllllllll too well.

No worrys man, that economy has been rough this year. Im gonna be here for a while still so whenever your ready I will be too!

:biggrin:A.j.