Msd btm

Perfect!
No turbo that is rockin' a carbon seal is too big for drawthru.

Sounds like the most fun off the road and be Buick powered.

Dr Frankenstein,
The turbo looks similar to a regal turbo,but the intake side of turbo uses an aluminum sleeve with 2 o-rings,1 for intake and 1 for turbo.I worked at a GM dealership at the time,and the parts Mgr. located new o-rings,this was 1996.
Do you have re using the comp. housing in mind and boring it to size for an upgrade? My turbos for the 87 engines are stock appearing. Is a TA-49 too
big for a draw thru set-up? Engine is fresh, but bone stock. Thanks for the interest. Skidman.

pretty much, we would just match the compressor housing and check for carbon seal in your turbo. if not, we can take your old turbo now and custom rebuild it to exactly what you want. there are LOTS of turbine and wheel options.

A.j.

Msd btm/turboupgrade

Hey Charlie1f,
Spent half hour last night loading 5 pics, just ready to go and my computer said internet explorer not responding. Just froze up.Will try again tonight.Skidman.

Msd btm/turbo upgrade

Drfrankenstein,
I sent e mail @5:50 EST. I hope it works. I still need to scan old 35mm pics of the draw thru set up. 4 seater frame is in primer,waiting for paint(money).Skidman.

Drfrankenstein,
I sent e mail @5:50 EST. I hope it works. I still need to scan old 35mm pics of the draw thru set up. 4 seater frame is in primer,waiting for paint(money).Skidman.

sweet! I will watch for them and have them loaded by 7am pst tomorrow.

A.j.

Pics of turbo

Can anyone I D this turbo? My former employer gave a pair of these.1 exploded,1 good. I am thinking a 66 67 70,something like that.Comp inside of air inlet measures2.590in.Can a 3 bolt turbine hsg. be installed? Skidman.

Attachments

• SDC10634.jpg
    SDC10634.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 200
Drfrankenstein,

if you want to do single stage paint i know a place that you can get a gal of paint and hardner for $100. i am a painter/body man link posted
Auto Body Toolmart - Ultra-Glo Acrylic Urethane Enamel Paints
example color.
Kirker Ultra-Glo Acrylic Urethane Enamel - Black Sapphire Metallic - UA-70358
if you can spray yourself you can save some cash.
btw i cant wait to see the pics.

Pics

Hey,what do you know,I finally did it!(post pic.)Mat231v6,I will scan old pics soon as i can.Skidman.

Msd btm/turbo update

Thanks Drfrankenstein for posting. I figured out how to post right after I e mailed you. My old boss gave me a LARGE turbo and wants me to put it on the 87 GN powered rail. To me it would be lag-city then take the head gaskets out. Not sure if I can even spool it.Skidman.

that is way too cool. i wished you lived closer to me. i have something that may look cool if you want it.(just pay shipping and its your) i know the color is wrong for your project, but i might as well offer it to you. i you have one of the coolest sand rails i have ever seen. why not try to make it a little cooler.;)you can use it as a skid plate or something it will have to be cut better at the top but i painted it on some scrap i had laying aroung. i for some reason like to air brush when i'm stressed (it calms me down). the skull glows in the dark too. if he doesn't want it anyone else that has something really cool they can use it for can have it. BTW that intake looks a little different. or am i wrong? i like your idea of using a 87 heat shield how did you mount that?

Attachments

• SDC10094.jpg
    SDC10094.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 155
  • SDC10093.jpg
    SDC10093.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 153
Nice Rail machines Skidman
Thanks for posting A.j.

That's the Riviera drawthru intake peoples.

Msd btm/turbo upgrade

I will try this again!!!!!!!Skidman.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 171