mph gain last 1/8th mile

I'd like to get into the low 1.40's and get 100-125#s off the car by mid June to reach goal of 10.0's on pump gas and 24-25#'s of boost.

When that's done, it'll be time to see just what it can do with race gas and more timing. Brian says the 6265 really flows hard at higher boost levels so I expect some good numbers.

I was a big anti-rollbar guy for many years; didn't want to "ruin" my car and my first wife was uncomfortable with me going faster than mid 11's. About 6 months before she died unexpectedly, she said you enjoy that car very much so just go ahead and make it go as fast as you want to go. I didn't follow up on that until a couple of years later.

I've got a 5 point, chromemoly set up built by a local guy who builds lots of frames and cages for race cars so I feel pretty good about what is around me. Tightened up the car and looks damn good painted black with epoxy appliance paint.
I'll also become a 1/8th mile racer when we turn up the power.

Thanks for your concern.

Quik Six said:
I'd like to get into the low 1.40's and get 100-125#s off the car by mid June to reach goal of 10.0's on pump gas and 24-25#'s of boost.

When that's done, it'll be time to see just what it can do with race gas and more timing. Brian says the 6265 really flows hard at higher boost levels so I expect some good numbers.

It will work well up to 78lbs/min so you have plenty of room to go.

It will work well up to 78lbs/min so you have plenty of room to go.

I'll be sure to keep taking my testosterone shots.<BAG>

I am amazed how well this combo is working. Still have some lower end tuning issues to handle.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us.

I was a big anti-rollbar guy for many years; didn't want to "ruin" my car and my first wife was uncomfortable with me going faster than mid 11's. About 6 months before she died unexpectedly, she said you enjoy that car very much so just go ahead and make it go as fast as you want to go. I didn't follow up on that until a couple of years later.

I've got a 5 point, chromemoly set up built by a local guy who builds lots of frames and cages for race cars so I feel pretty good about what is around me. Tightened up the car and looks damn good painted black with epoxy appliance paint.
I'll also become a 1/8th mile racer when we turn up the power.

Thanks for your concern.

I wasn't concerned, and I hope I wasn't rude; I was just curious. Thanks for sharing. Are you still running a 109 block?

I wasn't concerned, and I hope I wasn't rude; I was just curious. Thanks for sharing. Are you still running a 109 block?

I read it as "Hey, guy, you're going pretty fast, are you covered if something goes wrong?" and rudeness never entered my mind.

It is a 109 block.

Generally with a mild gn you pick up 25 mph on the back half thats cars without heads n such . The cars i done with head and cams with a clean tune they will pick up 27 to 28 mph aluminum heads can pick up more like 30 this is 109 only .