*Updated* New 1/8 Mile Personal Best

87GN864

Had my three best runs yet yesterday at my local 1/8th mile track. Hooked on all three passes which was nice after spinning all last season (what a difference that going to a track that actually preps the track well makes). Previous best was 7.38 at 92 with 1.63 60 ft

Unopened motor with TE44 lauching off the footbrake. 27 pounds of boost. No knock.
1st run (4 pound launch):
60 ft: 1.53
ET: 7.24
Mph: 92.68

2nd run (4 pound launch):
60 ft: 1.58
ET: 7.23
Mph: 93.83

3rd run (4 pound launch)
60ft: 1.52
ET: 7.20
Mph: didnt print on ticket

Last edited:
Nice videos and runs. Would you mind sharing with me what you're suspension set up is? Your car launches nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good run I was there when you made them runs , what fuel you running ? I had the Stock Rosewood

Sent from my Elite9Q using Tapatalk

Nice videos and runs. Would you mind sharing with me what you're suspension set up is? Your car launches nice.

Thanks man! It's just boxed lower control arms and an air bag on the passenger side. Stock sway bars. Still have the front sway bar on also. Debated on removing it, but my car has decent weight transfer already so I see no point in removing it.

Good run I was there when you made them runs , what fuel you running ? I had the Stock Rosewood

Sent from my Elite9Q using Tapatalk

I'm running e85 . Yeah I saw your and your brother cars and my dad had went over and talked to you. I talked to you at Cars and Coffee last summer. You both have really nice cars.

I'm running e85 . Yeah I saw your and your brother cars and my dad had went over and talked to you. I talked to you at Cars and Coffee last summer. You both have really nice cars.

I met your Dad at Cars and Coffee last year and we talked a while , I figured with the boost and timing you was running you had to be on racing gas or e85 , your Te44 is it a garret housing or a precision housing ? You got your car working great , keep up the good work

I met your Dad at Cars and Coffee last year and we talked a while , I figured with the boost and timing you was running you had to be on racing gas or e85 , your Te44 is it a garret housing or a precision housing ? You got your car working great , keep up the good work
It's a garret housing. My dad is my mechanic so credit goes to him. Thanks man!

It's a garret housing. My dad is my mechanic so credit goes to him. Thanks man!

That is great to have your Dad helping and you learning how to work on cars , I have a garret te44 and a new precision 5831 which is what replaced the te44 that I will be installing one day when i figure on which fuel I want to run alky 93 or E85 , i am leaning toward e85 as I have plenty of places to buy it here . I have small 42 injectors in mine so i would have to update the whole fuel system to run e85 .

That is great to have your Dad helping and you learning how to work on cars , I have a garret te44 and a new precision 5831 which is what replaced the te44 that I will be installing one day when i figure on which fuel I want to run alky 93 or E85 , i am leaning toward e85 as I have plenty of places to buy it here . I have small 42 injectors in mine so i would have to update the whole fuel system to run e85 .

Yeah I love E85. It's very accessible in the upstate and you cant beat that price. We did the racing fuel thing a few times last year when my car was stock, but quickly got tired of paying 30-40 dollars on racing fuel everytime we went to the track. Going to have to load up on the E85 before we head to Burlington in May cause from what i've heard, it's a nice lil drive to the closest e85 station.

Thanks man! It's just boxed lower control arms and an air bag on the passenger side. Stock sway bars. Still have the front sway bar on also. Debated on removing it, but my car has decent weight transfer already so I see no point in removing it.

What shocks?

image.jpeg Sweet !. Are you locking the converter , slicks or drag radials ?. I'm on 60lb injectors and E85 with a 255. I've maxed it out, gotta go to 80's. Timeslip was last good pass, without locking converter. Converter problem fixed awhile back, heading out Sunday to test.

View attachment 277274 Sweet !. Are you locking the converter , slicks or drag radials ?. I'm on 60lb injectors and E85 with a 255. I've maxed it out, gotta go to 80's. Timeslip was last good pass, without locking converter. Converter problem fixed awhile back, heading out Sunday to test.

looking good man. Yes, the converter is locking and i'm on 26 inch mickey thompson et street radials. I plan on getting a powerlogger soon so then i'll be able to see the duty cycle but I'm pretty sure im close to maxed out if not already. which converter are you running?

looking good man. Yes, the converter is locking and i'm on 26 inch mickey thompson et street radials. I plan on getting a powerlogger soon so then i'll be able to see the duty cycle but I'm pretty sure im close to maxed out if not already. which converter are you running?

Thanks.
I'm still on the D5. A freak of a D5, I might add. I have it data logged that I launch around 3500, on the foot brake.
Power Logger is a must on these cars. You'll love it and wonder why you didn't buy it sooner.

It's late Sunday. How did it go?

Stunk!!!...
My mass air quit few weeks back, grabbed a refurbish, bad decision. Last pass, MAF readings were off at WOT, duty cycle was off, O2 reading and wideband was out of control.

Should have just waited for injectors to get here and SD2.

Gonna back everything off and just normal drive car till everything gets here.

**Updated PB**

Switched from the TE-44 to a Precision 6266jb, 60 to 80lb injectors, and went from Walbro 255 to Aeromotive 340lph, and a new TT chip.

After switching turbos, the car actually picks up with the electric cutout open now. With the TE44 the car wouldn't run any better with it open. Here are the slips. 7.14 with cutout closed, 7.00 with it open. Still unopened motor and 26 pounds of boost.IMG_2938.JPG IMG_2937.JPG

Last edited: