MPE stock location intercooler! latest:

Keith, you sly dog, thats a slick looking puppy !!

I saw that red powdercoat in a dream...

Put it on the plenum, and I will just have to buy everything else to match...

Got some temp drop, flow numbers on the new I/C ?

I was leaning front mount.

Keith,
WOW, that intercooler looks so hot!!!!! I would have consider that before I got my frount mount IC if it had been on the maket. I say you put that nasty thing to the test and run 8s on it like I know you can man!!! Tube frame car and hold the hell on:D ;) :D ;). Time to come back to the G-Bodys. Keep up the GREAT work with the sheet metal and most of all keep those sweet new GN parts coming!!!!!!!!

Jason

Well, today's my birthday so....

Maybe I will have to get one of those for myself! ;)

Keith, when will these be available?

Thanks, Bill

Oh, will you guys quit it!

:) The 15-rows will go 10.50s all day long:cool:

We were originally going to build two different intercooler units, one with a smaller core and this unit.....for different ground clearance issues. But, after being able to get the larger core to set this high in the stock location...I think this is all that will be needed, the bottom of this unit sits ONLY 2.5" below the swaybar!!! Pictures dont do this baby justice!!!:eek:

thanks, <KM@>MPE

That is INSANE!!!
I love it. I think I need that.
Keith, does the 3" up-pipe come polished (chrome look-a-like) or is that something we will need to do?
Also, are these ready to ship?

You are on a roll

That thing looks bad AZZ! I bet you wont be able to keep these things one the shelf.

V-What???

Whew! That intercooler on Ebay is 100% completely useless trash! I guess someone will give him money for it though.:confused:

Sorry guys, I'll stick with my V4. My car isn't nice enough for one of those!! ;)

Was one of these at the bradenton meeting? I saw something very similar at the other boards tent.

lunch break answers:

I will get a weight of the IC unit with brackets, shroud ETC.....when we get back out to the shop we will be finishing the shroud....(wait til you see that!!!!!!:eek: ;) :D )

I can say this....this unit will be lighter than our 17 row, the V4r, and the old BGC stretch units....

They will be available and shipping in two weeks, BUT we aleready have a waiting list for these units.

3" uppipe will be available polished for an additional @$25.00 we can also clear powdercoat over the polish to keep it that way.

As far as that intercooler on Ebay......hehehhe thats a pretty good deal!:eek: :rolleyes: :cool: that things worth about $2.30....in scrapmetal!

take care!

<KM@>MPE

I got to check out the intercooler last night and it is definitely a lot lighter than a V4. Keith's is all sheet aluminum. The V4 & BGC is like the factory with thick cast tanks.