Moving to SD area.

BoostedEvIL

Novice
Hey guy,
My boss is floating the idea of send me to the San Diego area next year. Rancho Bernardo to be precise. As much as i'd like to live out there, i'm not sure I can afford it.
I'll be looking to rent a house, or apartment that is within 40minutes of Rancho Bernardo. I need 2bedrooms and hopefully at least a 1car garage for the GN. My budget starts to strain at 1300 a month. Any chance of me finding something decent out there around that price?

I'd check out craigslist to get an idea of whats out here. At 1300 a month your choices for your criteria are kind of limited. And most apartments in that price range won't have any garages. Unless you move further south in SD like in the Chula Vista area, but then your commute time to RB would be at LEAST 30-40 minutes in average traffic conditions.

What do you do for a living?

Thanks Rodney,
I'll be doing some communications work at one the defense companies in RB.
My current commute time is an hour. But there is no traffic. I did see a couple decent places in Chula Vista. I also saw some stuff up in escondido. But I have zero knowledge of the area. I just wanted to get some local input.

I'd check out craigslist to get an idea of whats out here. At 1300 a month your choices for your criteria are kind of limited. And most apartments in that price range won't have any garages. Unless you move further south in SD like in the Chula Vista area, but then your commute time to RB would be at LEAST 30-40 minutes in average traffic conditions.

What do you do for a living?
Contact MAC SD on the here here I heard he was lonely & looking for a room mate. But you have to like animals. lol

Escondido is okay, I would stay out of some areas of El Cajon, National City and not too close to the border either. But you can try east county (Lakeside). Its kinda redneck ville but you can avoid some traffic and stay in a decent place for that much money. Is it just you or you bringing a family too?

It's gonna be me the wife and a new baby. I just looked up Lakeside. Quite a few places out there. How redneck is it?
I also see stuff in Rancho Penasquitos and Poway that looks nice and affordable. I don't really "need" a big garage. Just something to hide the Buick in. I can go to Mira Mar and use their gear if need be.

No in his case it's goats,Claims it gives him something to hold unto to while trying to kiss her at the same time.

Her?

But back to the question at hand... Boosted Evil, whatever you've got to pay to get to the paradise of San Diego, it's worth it compared to Sac-a-tomatos. Rancho Bernardo is more expensive than it ought to be. But there are nice relatively inexpensive areas in Escondido and Valley Center that are a reasonable commute to Rancho Bernardo. Lakeside is a bit cowboy, but it also has nice spots, same with Santee. El Cajon has some rough patches, but some very high-end stuff, too.

I do think you're gonna have to pay around $1500 for 2 bedrooms and a garage, whether it's an apartment or rental condo, in a nice area. But don't forget that that's almost $300K in principle and interest for a purchase...and it's a really good time to buy.

HTH.

It's gonna be me the wife and a new baby. I just looked up Lakeside. Quite a few places out there. How redneck is it?
I also see stuff in Rancho Penasquitos and Poway that looks nice and affordable. I don't really "need" a big garage. Just something to hide the Buick in. I can go to Mira Mar and use their gear if need be.

Yeah mostly white boys out in Lakeside (some horses and ****) but not too bad. Santee is like a mixture of Lakeside and SD (I live in Santee) and you could definetely find something in your price range in Santee. Plus if you ever need anything for the GN Donnie and DRW are like 5 minutes away! LOL. Santee is a nice place and around 20-30 min away from your work most likely! Let me know if you move to Santee, I could help you unpack!;)

Thanks guys,
I told my boss i'd like to go, so we'll see what happens. He'll probably change his mind now that he see's that I'll enjoy the move. Santee is a nice location. Whats rush hour like? I like to go against traffic when possible.

Yeah mostly white boys out in Lakeside (some horses and ****) but not too bad.

Yeah, and they have guns, Jesus, and Whiskey! :eek:

Your'e wife should be fine around them as long as she's not related to them...:biggrin:

check out apartments in vista and san marcos. You are better off living north of RB and driving in.

Escondido is rental city but its cheap good and bad places.

Yeah, and they have guns, Jesus, and Whiskey! :eek:

Your'e wife should be fine around them as long as she's not related to them...:biggrin:

Well thats one area off my list.:smile:
So I'm guessing that I15 traffic is headed North in the morning and South at night.

So I'm guessing that I15 traffic is headed North in the morning and South at night.

No, the other way around. Heavy traffic southbound in the AM between Escondido and San Diego, and vice versa.

They are Nuts-2-Butts in both directions, at both times on 15. Most of it is North of Poway/Penasquitos though.

I commute from El Cajon to Miramar every day(25 miles) and it takes about 35 minutes either way. ~20 minutes with light traffic(7-4). RB is maybe another 10 minutes...:cool:

lol. One of those programs. Not sure yet.
I told my boss I want to go, so he will probably change his mind now.