Theatre Shooting in Denver

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved in this tragedy. I think they will send this guy to an insane asylum and let him go after a few years. The way the court system works today is a joke. They are too leanient on punishment. My brother got killed back in 1996, the guy that did it had a rap sheet as big as a dictionary,but only did about 2 years. My brother was only 31.

I am sorry for your loss, my condolences.

I council in juvenile detention and we have a great lady who heads the parole board and believes in holding or controlling these animals but she is constantly overruled by stupid, liberal judges who believe "they" need another chance. Last January I sat in on and voted no release on a 17 year old, 6'2" 200lb juve who has been convicted of three rapes of three different girls in three years. He served only 18 months on the three convictions. The condition of his release was house arrest (he can't leave without a parent or guardian) and virtual school online to complete high school. The judge hears pleas from his mom to send him back to school and says no he is reinstated back in a different high school to finish his senior year but the school officials don't get to know what he was in jail for. "WHAT???? You are going to put this animal back in with unsuspecting girls in high school? Are you nuts?" Anyway, I know it was illegal but I leaked it to the school principal one night at a school sporting event and he got the judges ruling overturned. The kid was not allowed back into society unsupervised. The principal never revealed his source and I slept better.
What is wrong with a society that wants these violent, insane, individuals walking the street?

Mikey.

I heard on the radio that he did that to his hair so he would be like the "joker" in Batman. He also wired up his apartment with explosives.

Is it me or does common sense fail again?

How did he get in the "back" door?

Had to have help...

Nope. Went in like everyone else, a ticket. Went out the emergacy exit and propped the door open. Went to his car and got suited up and came back.

Nope. Went in like everyone else, a ticket. Went out the emergacy exit and propped the door open. Went to his car and got suited up and came back.
Is that what the authorities are saying? I haven't heard that...

Here, if you open one of those doors it alerts the theater....

What was this dude thinking? What would motivate someone to this level?

He's going to get away with it too. I guarantee a plea of insanity. The orange hair set the pace. The dude is a genius. He has a plan for whats to come as well. I would bet on it.

I'm sorry but insane or not, drag this dude to the towns center high noon on Sunday. Let's get r done.

RL

It's a shame you can't go enjoy a movie without getting shot at. Hope they take the perp and let the victims families shoot him starting from the feet and work their way up.
That's like saying it's a shame you can't go for a drive without getting in a car accident.

With all due respect to the victims, their families and anyone affected by this tragic accident, I simply don't buy the "official" story from the mainstream media. Here's just a few questions I would like answered. We haven't heard much, if any of this discussed:

How did a supposedly poor, unemployed college student afford several thousand dollars worth of firearms, ammunition, and explosives?

I know the internet is a treasure trove of information which can be used for good and evil, but how did this guy learn to rig up all these complex booby traps and explosives? Without getting detected?

If he had been planning this for months was there anything suspicious, like multiple shipments of things ordered online (ammunition, bomb making components, etc.) made to the apartment? Nobody noticed anything?

The interview with the tenant who supposedly almost was blown up in the apartment was a joke. First she said the door was propped open, then she said the door was shut tight and she knocked on the door. So which was it? No one asked her to clarify what really happened.

I know we are supposed to beleive this guy was some genius, but I know a lot of really smart people who can't make their way around a basis mechanical function let alone building bombs. Seems likely he learned it somewhere.

I agree with Shane. In theaters around here an alarm is set off if the emergency doors are opened. Common sense, so people aren't letting in their buddies for free.

Did anyone see video of the shooter's arraignment? He was clearly under the influence of something. It was really bizarre.

Again, before anyone goes off the deep end on me, my intent in no way is to diminish the severity of what this guy did. I just want answers like everyone else and the MSM refuses to ask real questions.

He got his tution to the University of Colorado and a stipen of $26k from the National Institute of Health in Bethesda Md. He is very inteligent. By all accounts he was a good kid and not problems but he probably had some underlying mental problem that surfaced with the pressure of his very competitive neuroscience program. Not that unusual to crack at this age in young adults. Unfortunately he cracked big time and many died.

He was not poor or unemployed from what I have read. People get packages all the time. Very smart guy that cracked. Hopefully he gets what he deserves.

I just read an article that said background checks for new gun purchases are up 43% in Colorado since the shooting.