Motor smokes

forzfed

Ever since I got my 4.1 built it tends to smoke on start up. It's usually white but smells like oil. I was thinking(hoping), that the seals on my turbo were shot so I just finished installing my 66. The old turbo looked good and there were no signs of oil leaking.:frown: So, I fired up the car up with the new turbo and it didn't smoke, till it warmed up, which is what it did before.

I have the felpro 1000 gaskets in it, I was thinking this might be my issue. I was thinking of putting the 1026 gaskets in. The intake valves also don't have any seals. I was thinking of putting the 1026 head gaskets in and installing valve seals. I pressure tested my rad and it takes a few hours before pressure is lost.

What do you guys think? What would you do?

You said the intake valves don't have seals on them? I think you may have already said where the problem is if that's the case.

You said the intake valves don't have seals on them? I think you may have already said where the problem is if that's the case.

Yeah, I was thinking of that. Thanks! Are there any specific ones you would recommend? Here is another question, they are champion irons, and they never put any on them. So, why didn't they?

Intake and exhaust should have them if they're champs. I'd say contact champion and see what they advise on seals. This should stop the oil smoke though.