Most accurate to original floormats?

As far as I know, GN's came with plain black floor mats with a very small GM logo on it. I know the T's came with color coordinated floor mats with GM logo. Anyone who is an original owner can confirm.

I have a set of factory GM burgundy front floor mats and they came just as you said.
Small GM emblem, color coordinated to carpet.

pretty sure, if someone who has orig. GN mats can chime in. I know the Kirban ones were big in the early 90's, so alot guys may have bought their GNs used with them.

I have an original set, car is in storage so I cant get pics.

They do not have "GRAND NATIONAL" on them like the repros. They just have a maybe 4-5"sq. powersix logo in the middle of them. I'll get pictures next time I'm at my storage place.

This is an old crappy pic, but these are the original mats that have been in the car since purchased, front and rear seats all identical with the powersix logo.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 215
Any floor mat with an embroidered "TURBO 6" logo is an after market mat.Like mentioned above,the originals for the GN were just black with a small Rubber GM logo near the top of the mat. Dave

Any floor mat with an embroidered "TURBO 6" logo is an after market mat.Like mentioned above,the originals for the GN were just black with a small Rubber GM logo near the top of the mat. Dave

The LTD definately had No Logo except the little "GM" one on my new mats.
Never seen a new car with Turbo 6 mats that I remember. I agree, aftermarket.

X2 or 3. Here are some pics of the original GM mats.

Attachments

• floor mats 002.JPG
    floor mats 002.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 170
  • floor mats 001.JPG
    floor mats 001.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 157
Here are some rubber GM reproductions:
Carpet, Floor Mats, Trunk Mats, etc..

I am the second owner of my 86 GN with 25k miles (had 24k when I bought it two years ago). I promptly removed the floor mats (and original numbered spark plug wires) which I assumed were original. I just took them out of storage and compared them with those at this website. They look exact. They are black with ribs on the bottom left and right with a molded raised area in the center, ending about 1.5 inches under the GM logo. It looks like that website has the GM logo, just hard to tell in the pic.

The ones that came in my 85 GN were all rubber with a horizontal line pattern......pretty cheap. Still got them somewhere.

This is an old crappy pic, but these are the original mats that have been in the car since purchased, front and rear seats all identical with the powersix logo.

Sorry nate, although they may have been what was in the car when purchased, those are not what came in the GN's as delivered.

Sorry nate, although they may have been what was in the car when purchased, those are not what came in the GN's as delivered.

Thanks for the info guys, I was always under the impression that they looked like that from factory. Learn something new everyday on this website :biggrin:

Cheers