Plug wire discussions Which ones to buy?

Ah... That's easy!

Why couldn't I figure that out?

Thanks.

Maybe you were really tired?
Yeah, that must have been it!

If the wire separators you get are like mine (I got Taylor's 10 mm V6 kit p/n 42505) you can attach them to the original metal brackets by drilling the blind holes on the bottom part of the Taylor separators all the way through. Make an 1/8" flat aluminum plate only as large as necessary with holes to match the searators (only do the ones that attach the the metal brackets).
You will use machine screws with the head of your choice, I think 8-24.
I tapped the holes in the 1/8" aluminum plate, but you could put nylocks on the bottom.
Pull the stock plastic holders off the metal brackets and enlarge the notches on the sides with a die grinder (the metal brackets are hardened spring steel).
Install the Taylor separators on the wires with the longer machine screws going through the separator halves and the notches in the stock metal bracket, with the aluminum plate on the back of the stock metal bracket sandwich the stock metal bracket in between the bottom separator and the aluminum plate and tighten everything down.

I'll see if I can get an up close photo.
IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

Last edited:

If the wire separators you get are like mine (I got Taylor's 10 mm V6 kit) you can attach them to the original metal brackets by drilling the blind holes on the bottom part of the Taylor separators all the way through. Make an 1/8" flat aluminum plate only as large as necessary with holes to match the searators (only do the ones that attach the the metal brackets).
You will use machine screws with the head of your choice, I think 8-24.
I tapped the holes in the 1/8" aluminum plate, but you could put nylocks on the bottom.
Pull the stock plastic holders off the metal brackets and enlarge the notches on the sides with a die grinder (the metal brackets are hardened spring steel).
Install the Taylor separators on the wires with the longer machine screws going through the separator halves and the notches in the stock metal bracket, with the aluminum plate on the back of the stock metal bracket sandwich the stock metal bracket in between the bottom separator and the aluminum plate and tighten everything down.

I'll see if I can get an up close photo.

Holy schnikies, Scooby! That sound like a lot of effort just to save $12- $32 dollars.......

Jus' sayin'.......:eek:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Taylor/895/42829/10002/-1?

https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Cable...90782&sr=8-15&keywords=taylor+wire+separators

Last edited:

No kidding. On another forum that I frequent, one members sig is something along the lines of: "Today you are older than you've ever been, yet the youngest you'll ever be"

To that I'll add ...And possibly the most tired. o_O

PS. Good job on your wires.

No kidding. On another forum that I frequent, one members sig is something along the lines of: "Today you are older than you've ever been, yet the youngest you'll ever be"

To that I'll add ...And possibly the most tired. o_O

PS. Good job on your wires.

I hear you there.
Now It takes my all night to do what I use to be able to do all night. Lol

And thanks on the wires.
Along with finding wires that fit in the factory location the best, trying to retain larger wires that wouldn't fit in the factory separators is another challenge.

They're a tad long, but very nice.

If I had to pay full price, I'd be trying to decide between the Russ Merritt/MSD wires & these.