More Boost for 10's???

Vett-Klr

Slip details below...Can I get a 10 second pass with 21 PSI or do I have to turn it up?

1/8....7.490
MPH...95.65
1/4....11.580
MPH...120.32

so im guessing you running 21 pounds. i say with a better 60 foot since yours is not great at all and some more tunning you can get there. But i see no reason not to up the boost a few pounds. Get your 60 foots down and your there.

so im guessing you running 21 pounds. i say with a better 60 foot since yours is not great at all and some more tunning you can get there. But i see no reason not to up the boost a few pounds. Get your 60 foots down and your there.

Yep, I'm running 21 PSI now, I wasn't sure if it was possible. I'm afraid to turn up the boost, my O2's are all over the place, I think I need a wideband. I hope I get over the fear soon....

getting a wideband would be a very good choice. trying to tune using 02's is pointless. with your mph you should be able to hit the 10's with a good 60 ft. thats just my .02 for what its worth

120mph is barely enough to get you into the tens if you have a 1.40 60'. Turn the boost up to 25 and get your 60' down to at least 1.50's.

it could be done he just needs a good 60 foot. He could get it with more boost i agree with that.

wideband

Yep, I'm running 21 PSI now, I wasn't sure if it was possible. I'm afraid to turn up the boost, my O2's are all over the place, I think I need a wideband. I hope I get over the fear soon....

a wideband is a great tuning tool. i will not tune a car without one....hth Bob

Is a wideband more accurate then the O2 sensor? I though a wideband was basically a beefed up O2 sensor? Will it require a new sensor like the O2 since I use leaded fuel?
Also, if I use a wideband can I ignore my O2 readings from my scanmaster?
I have the MAF Gen 2, I guess I can simply dial in 10.8 and it will adjust the car as needed wih a wideband.

I guess the real question is that if I have a wideband, can I stop using my buddies scanmaster, or do I need both?

vetklr,that's good mph on 21lbs,11.58 on a 1.88 60 is impressive as well.in my opinion turning up the boost to go tens on a 1.88 60 may leave you short in the et area.i can'y stress enough to get that 60ft rockin.lowering your 60 to say a 1.58 from a 1.88 should bring your et down to the 11.0 - 11.20 area then add so more boost if needed and your on your way!

Is a wideband more accurate then the O2 sensor? I though a wideband was basically a beefed up O2 sensor? Will it require a new sensor like the O2 since I use leaded fuel?
Also, if I use a wideband can I ignore my O2 readings from my scanmaster?
I have the MAF Gen 2, I guess I can simply dial in 10.8 and it will adjust the car as needed wih a wideband.

I guess the real question is that if I have a wideband, can I stop using my buddies scanmaster, or do I need both?

Yes... a wideband is WAY more accurate than the narrow band o2 sensor... They have been using wideband o2 sensors to tune engines on dynos.... since before they were available to the general public.... and they were $5000+.

IMHO... give Mike Lichit a call and get a XD16/LC1 combo. Here is a thread referring to a recent "wideband shootout"....

Wideband Shootout

The Innovate product on this shootout.... is the setup I am talking about. It rocks.

As far as your 10 sec potential.... I don't think you will get there on 21 lbs... 25 lbs... and a little better 60' time.... bingo.... if you get the 60' times down around 1.50.... you might get there on 23 psi or so...

Keep us posted...