Moog 5658 front spring results

Got a couple good pictures from this past weekend's Midwest Meet! Thought I would share! Car now sits at 24 7/8 with the 225's up front. No rubbing on the interstate or city driving. Turned out great!

Wow Jeramy Your Car Looks Great!!!! I Love the stance... Jeramy can you post what vendors gave you the best price:biggrin: to do a setup like yours... I think you said that we would be surprised at some of the prices from vender to vender, and that you could help by providing some venders that sell the parts we need at the best price. Thanks Jeramy

Hi bnice here is some of the info I have gathered from jeramy's postings of parts that have been installed and some prices. These might not be the lowest price, but it's a start and I'll attach some info.
Most Popular spring and info
-----------------Moog-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Moog
Product ID: MOOG-5413 (REAR COIL SPRINGS)------------------------------------Product ID: MOOG 5658 (FRONT COIL SPRING)
Rear Coil Spring------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Front Coil Spring------------------
Price $69.00 price from Moog site---------------------------------------------------------Price $62.60 price from Moog site--------

-----------Belltech------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Belltech----------------------------
Part # 5100 (REAR COIL SPRING)----------------------------------------------------Part # 5104 (FRONT COIL SPRING)-------------
Lowering rear 1.5' per their website-------------------------------------------------Lowering front 2.0' per their website-----------
Price $172.99 at Jegs.com------------------------------------------------------------Price $142.99 at jegs.com-----------------------

-----------Eibach---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I found out about Eibach. They recommend changing all four using their brand and here is what I found.
Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set for your 1987 Buick Grand National
Front and Rear fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
Note: Avg Low 1.0"F 0.8"R
Lowering varies by engine size and model

Price: $237.00 (kit)
Estimated Availability: Fewer than 3
Manufacturer Part #: 3803.140

Shocks
Bilstein GAS SHOCKS (4) SET #6678 Price $305.00 at Kirbans

AFX Package
Savitske Classic &Cusom
Savitske Classic & Custom
GM G-body ’78-’88 adj. arms/greaseable racing bushings and AFX tall spindles/G body steering arms with hub/bearing packs $1484.90

GM G-body ’78-’88 adj. arms/high durometer rubber bushings and AFX tall spindles/G body steering arms with hub/bearing packs $1584.90
Add $48.80 for SC&C HD stainless steel mounting hardware kit. Replace your old 7/16" A arm mounting studs. Featuring 17-4 hardened stainless steel 1/2" bolts (strong as Grade 8) ,washers and lock nuts. Just remove the OE studs and drill the holes out to 1/2". Gain strength, more header clearance and a nice clean look. For greaseable racing bushings arms only.

ZO6 Calipers

ACDelco drilled and slotted C5 rotors

ZQ8 S-10 bump stops from SCandC

MOOG K6421 replacement bushings

1LE 36mm hollow front swaybar with Poly bushings and new end links

Raysbestos ceramic pads

Bnice, The above is what I have gathered from reading this thread. Hope this helps you and others. Also maybe Jeramy or someone else can add, correct, and or comment on the above mentioned.
Jeramy I saw your car, and it is awesome...

Hi bnice here is some of the info I have gathered from jeramy's postings of parts that have been installed and some prices. These might not be the lowest price, but it's a start and I'll attach some info.
Most Popular spring and info
-----------------Moog-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Moog
Product ID: MOOG-5413 (REAR COIL SPRINGS)------------------------------------Product ID: MOOG 5658 (FRONT COIL SPRING)
Rear Coil Spring------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Front Coil Spring------------------
Price $69.00 price from Moog site---------------------------------------------------------Price $62.60 price from Moog site--------

-----------Belltech------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Belltech----------------------------
Part # 5100 (REAR COIL SPRING)----------------------------------------------------Part # 5104 (FRONT COIL SPRING)-------------
Lowering rear 1.5' per their website-------------------------------------------------Lowering front 2.0' per their website-----------
Price $172.99 at Jegs.com------------------------------------------------------------Price $142.99 at jegs.com-----------------------

-----------Eibach---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I found out about Eibach. They recommend changing all four using their brand and here is what I found.
Front and Rear fitment

Shocks

AFX Package
Savitske Classic &Cusom
GM G-body ’78-’88 adj. arms/greaseable racing bushings and AFX tall spindles/G body steering arms with hub/bearing packs $1484.90

GM G-body ’78-’88 adj. arms/high durometer rubber bushings and AFX tall spindles/G body steering arms with hub/bearing packs $1584.90
Add $48.80 for SC&C HD stainless steel mounting hardware kit. Replace your old 7/16" A arm mounting studs. Featuring 17-4 hardened stainless steel 1/2" bolts (strong as Grade 8) ,washers and lock nuts. Just remove the OE studs and drill the holes out to 1/2". Gain strength, more header clearance and a nice clean look. For greaseable racing bushings arms only.

ZO6 Calipers

ACDelco drilled and slotted C5 rotors

ZQ8 S-10 bump stops from SCandC

MOOG K6421 replacement bushings

1LE 36mm hollow front swaybar with Poly bushings and new end links

Raysbestos ceramic pads

Bnice, The above is what I have gathered from reading this thread. Hope this helps you and others. Also maybe Jeramy or someone else can add, correct, and or comment on the above mentioned.
Jeramy I saw your car, and it is awesome...

Thanks Bullet for your compliments! I can add to this a little here. I lost my sheet with all of my data on it.:frown:

Front and Rear fitment

Shocks

AFX Package
Savitske Classic &Cusom

ZO6 Calipers (Ebay) ($340)

ZO6 Caliper brackets (KORE3)

ZO6 Hardware Kit (KORE3)

ZO6 Banjo Bolts (KORE3)

ACDelco drilled and slotted C5 rotors (gmpartdirect.com) ($160?)

ZQ8 S-10 bump stops from SCandC (price?)

MOOG K6421 replacement bushings (Oreilly's) (price?)

1LE 36mm hollow front swaybar $75 on the board

Swaybar bushings for 36mm (stock replacement Oreiley's) (price?)

Endlinks (oreilly's) (price?)

Raysbestos ceramic pads (GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts) ($70?)

I'll keep looking for sheet. It has all of the prices and the part numbers. Sorry I cant be specific on the prices and where I got them from. It's been a while!:biggrin:

Thanks Silverbullet and Jeramy... I'll look out for when you find your sheets and post the part numbers and prices

Just wanted to bump this thread so people can do a little reading and research on combos that may best suit each individuals needs. Things have gone a little crazy in the section lately. Maybe some good information needs to be re-presented.

moog springs

put moog 5604 springs on my 83 regal.it raised the front to 29'' from ground to wheel well.sets to high now what spring to use. going to install chevy small block.

so i swapped out my stock fronts that had 1/2 coil cut for the 5658's and it raised an inch now sitting at 27 then swapped the rears for 5385's and it raised .5"

i don't think it will settle that much in the fornt so i am thinking of cutten these too or buying spindles.:confused:

any thoughts?

so i swapped out my stock fronts that had 1/2 coil cut for the 5658's and it raised an inch now sitting at 27 then swapped the rears for 5385's and it raised .5"

i don't think it will settle that much in the fornt so i am thinking of cutten these too or buying spindles.:confused:

any thoughts?

What were your measurements before installing new springs? What size tire are you running up front? It would suprise me if your car raised if you were running on cut springs but i'm suprised that it's sitting at stock ride height once you put the new springs in. Something doesnt seem right to me. You will have some settling but not a full inch. Did you bounce the front end of the car up and down before measuring?

any thoughts?
Makes sence to me, Over time ALL springs sag or should I say loose there "Rate/stiffness" from new. You took old worn/sagged springs and cut them to get it lowered more then you go to the brand new Moog springs and expected them to be lower than the old sagged & cut ones..

The reason it is higher is because of just that, Old/sagged/cut springs VS Brand new springs! Give it awhile and that .50" will most likely diminish after normal driving and spring operation..

If not, you can remove the isolators! I removed mine after hearing that DSE always pulls them out and tosses them.. And No it does not drive hard or make one bit of noise because they are out.. It's the Same thing as installing an Aluminum/Lead spring spacer, it's installed right onto the spring and then raised into it's pocket and 99% of the time No isolator is installed...

If I can help more let me know.

Scot W.

well, with stock springs and a half coil cut i was at 26 1/8 then 27 on new ones

i am running 15x4 w/205/65 on front and 275/60 on rear

i think i may wait till my new rims arrive next week. theni will determine how low i need to go.

Im on the Power Tour now and using my phone but the best combo we using now are Moog 5658 front springs and duralast stock replacement non variable rates in the rear. Grat stance. Ill get the part number when I get back

I put BellTech lowering springs on the back of my 85 T and it went from 27 1/4" down to 25 1/2". My 18K 87 bone stock sits at 27 1/4" in the back.
I want my 85 t to sit @ 26 1/4" to 26 1/2" so I am going back with
Hotchkiss lowering springs and try that. As a side note, the 85 T @90K
rode at the same height in back as my 87 GN @ 19K mi.