Monster Garage getting lame??

GNSCOTT

open faced club sandwich
I thought the whole point of it was to build something wild with like $3k, now it seems every episode they get over $10k in "freebies" with the topper being $30k in "freebies" for the monster rock crawler. The first couple of shows, the only freebies were appearance items like wheels, but now they get full suspensions, new motors, etc.

yeah i noticed that, like jegs gives them all these engine parts... probably because its a popular show now and all those big companies want in on the action... oh well

-Neil

Struck me the same way. Why have a budget? While maybe not as "cool", it would be a lot harder and much more interesting if they stuck to the $3000 budget.

The freebies are definitely out of control at this point.

Also, while I'm a Jesse James fan, I never really found the show to be interesting beyond watching these guys fabricate stuff. I mean, the end result is pretty stupid. I would rather watch them build bikes.

I think that American Chopper is a far better show, even though it seems that they outsource a lot of their stuff like tanks, etc.

Rich

Yeah, the advertizers have found the niche for the show haven't they? I think they should have Jesse back in his shop in Long Beach building his bikes and forget the Monster stuff. West Coast Choppers so rule over O.C. Choppers any day I think. But then, Jesse's shop is far less like Jerry Springer than O.C.Choppers is. Just my thought. Mark

Monster Garage has gone beyond lame. Given a warehouse full of free parts, of course they can build whatever they are supposed to build that week.

And American Chopper is close on it's heels. What's Paul Sr always yelling for? By now he, and everybody who watches the show, knows that the bike will get built and it will be really cool. The yelling/family tension angle is just becoming annoying.

junkyard wars > *

I love that show. They make the coolest stuff out of -nothing-. No big time corporate sponsorship there.

Originally posted by jastrckl
junkyard wars > *

I love that show. They make the coolest stuff out of -nothing-. No big time corporate sponsorship there.

AMEN brother.

And jastrckl, I really hate seeing your avatar

:( :( :(

i have not watched monster garage since they let the girls in the shop. that was far beyond lame.........

yes yunk yard wars is still the shiznit!

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
i have not watched monster garage since they let the girls in the shop. that was far beyond lame.........

You Can Say That Again!!

I also hate that other show "Monster House:eek:
What will they think of next,Monster Girl.....hmmm:D

what ever happened to the vehicle was suppose to appear stock ( corvette & jeep). Jesse james even looks bored.

i think jesse started losing intrest around the time when they were doing things like the PT Crusier tree trimmer. he even came out and said it was lame. they still do some kinda cool stuff, like that one ambulance wheelie car, i thought that was kinda cool, but then they also got a 'freebie' motor....

and the one were it was the all girl team seemed pretty stupid. it seemed all most of it was was a big cat fight, and if they some of them were 'master' wielders or what not, you think they would have given them more of a challenge than building a roll cage, putting a fuel cell in and doing a tune up... just because its an all girl team dosent mean they get a huge break (at least not in my mind.) so much for equal huh?

oh well, it was good while it lasted right?

-Neil

How many ideas could YOU come up with that keep the 'stock look'? Should the tires on the vette have inflated from originals?:rolleyes: And I'd like to see anyone of you come up with interesting ideas, aside from the originals, that can be pulled off for under 3K. You guys should move over to the discovery board on MG, you'd fit right in with the rest of the whiners.

Everyone wants GREAT projects, but no one thinks they should spend over 3K, or look anything but stock, or get any freebies, when they're building cars that cost tens of thousands for others to build. Give me a break....

How many ideas could YOU come up with that keep the 'stock look'? Should the tires on the vette have inflated from originals? And I'd like to see anyone of you come up with interesting ideas, aside from the originals, that can be pulled off for under 3K. You guys should move over to the discovery board on MG, you'd fit right in with the rest of the winers.

I won't even say what board you should move over to until I can say it to your face. Like it was said, I thought it was GETTING lame, and yes, like the originals where they did do it with the $3k now they just bolt and weld on expensive parts. Seems that Junkyard wars can build submarines, airplanes, etc with $0. :rolleyes:

smokin, my statement unlike yours was not a threat, its meant to say that unlike you , if i'm going to insult people on the board or anyone, I would do it to their faces. Its pretty classless and against board rules, and you should write for monster garage because you seem to have creativity..:D

Ah, sure seemed like a threat to me, also, you were quick to jump on someone who didn't agree with you!

I was quick to defend myself and the other who posted in this thread who you don't even know and called us all whiners.

Monster garage is a joke - I stopped waching it a few months after it started, due to the bullcrap "freebies"..

smokin6 - you are really a jackass, what's wrong? You having a clearasil overdose? Calm down kid..

Smokin 6 don't you listen to the rules at the beginning of the show. IT SAYS" when the 7 days are over the vehicle must appear stock and they only can spend $3000." NOW WHO'S A WHINER beeotch!!!